"Saved Plan View" Defaults

KTransue

Am I missing this?  Is there a way to establish preferred default settings for Saved Plan Views? That is, for any new saved plan view, I'd like the Saved Plan View "General" Specifications pre-set to my preferences.

I think as long as you have a 'saved plan view' as your preferred default you can 'Save Active View As' and rename it anything you'd like and it will inherit all of your default plan view preferences.

You can set up your tool bar to show the plan view options. I've highlighted the 'Save As' tool. 'New Plan View' and 'Save Plan View' are the other 2 tools.

save as plan view.jpg

29 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Create a Plan View and edit it...name it Default and just copy it to create new plan views.  You should do this in your template so the “default” plan view appears in each new plan.  

Hey Steve, wouldn't you use "Save Plan View As' in order to 'copy' a plan view? Or is there a 'copy' command I might be missing?

There are no defaults for saved plan views.  If you use the New Saved Plan View tool in the project browser, I believe the program will just use whatever active defaults you currently have.  Opening the specification dialog from the project browser will give you the ability to review and change all of the settings.

You can also make copies of existing saved plan views in several ways.

- using the Save Active View As tool.

- using the Duplicate tool when right-clicking on a saved plan view in the project browser

- switch the current saved plan view to None and then use the Save Active View tool

If you don't have any saved plan views in a plan, you can also just save the active plan view.  You can also import saved plan views from other plans using File->Import.  You can also make new saved plan views from layout boxes using the Create Saved Plan View edit tool that appears when you select an unlinked layout box.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Hey Steve, wouldn't you use "Save Plan View As' in order to 'copy' a plan view? Or is there a 'copy' command I might be missing?

This is all I meant by my previous post.  I probably would never do this...but, if one wanted to set up a saved plan view that had the default sets he wanted to start with each time he wanted to create a new "plan view"...he could create a plan view and name it "DEFAULT PLAN VIEW"....then, as needed, right click this view and "DUPLICATE".  

You would still have to edit the new plan view...I don't see this being a big time saver.

2020-03-30_16-53-36.thumb.png.3bb09f6abdce19941907324fba6e6c7c.png

22 minutes ago, SNestor said:

This is all I meant by my previous post.  I probably would never do this...but, if one wanted to set up a saved plan view that had the default sets he wanted to start with each time he wanted to create a new "plan view"...he could create a plan view and name it "DEFAULT PLAN VIEW"....then, as needed, right click this view and "DUPLICATE".  

You would still have to edit the new plan view...I don't see this being a big time saver.

2020-03-30_16-53-36.thumb.png.3bb09f6abdce19941907324fba6e6c7c.png

Thanks for your input as always...