a serious error occured(exceptions thrown)

howardmccall

while removing some interior walls I didn't want, i get the message "a serious error occurred(exception thrown)

technical support is not open since it is sunday.  any work around on this?  it won't let me even work in another portion of the home.  I am stuck on a Sunday need to work another 6 hours on this.

scan0289.pdf

Just the usual - save the File and reboot the computer .......

Nobody but TS can help with those  - make sure to "send Report" if given

the option ...it help them figure out an issue in a plan about a year ago for me.

M.

As Eric has suggested, you should see if you can find a backup of the plan that does not have the problem.

Another thing you might want to do is to try and figure out if something in your plan is causing the problem.  You can do this by removing things from the plan to see if you can narrow down what is causing it.  Since you were removing walls I would start with trying to make sure your walls and rooms are all OK.

You could also try posting the plan on this forum and someone here might be willing to look into it to see if they can figure out what the problem is.

For more information about these kinds of problems, you might also want to checkout this help article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00802/troubleshooting-exception-and-assertion-error-messages.html

If all else fails, you may just have to contact technical support during normal business hours.

I sometimes find that when that error message happens I've run out of actual disk space.  That is usually due to too many programs open, videos in memory and other programs caching to your disk (including CA).  Next time it happens, check your disk space.