NEED BY WALL BACK

winterdd

On 3/29/2020 at 8:24 AM, Dermot said:

As far as I know, the program will never change a wall into an invisible wall automatically.

Not entirely true.  If you delete an attic wall while Auto Rebuild Attic Walls is toggled on, the wall is automatically changed to an invisible wall and put onto the "Walls, Invisible" layer.  Delete it again and it changes back to a normal attic wall and put back onto the "Walls, Attic" layer.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not entirely true.  If you delete an attic wall while Auto Rebuild Attic Walls is toggled on, the wall is automatically changed to an invisible wall and put onto the "Walls, Invisible" layer.  Delete it again and it changes back to a normal attic wall and put back onto the "Walls, Attic" layer.  

I knew that I had seen that before.

38 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I swear,  if there is anybody that knows as much as the Alaskan knows,  I would like to meet him.

Thanks Michael for your input.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, the program switches the attic wall into an invisible wall to prevent it from getting rebuilt automatically.  I was not aware it did this but it makes more sense now that I think about it.  Attic walls will regenerate when there is no wall already there.  If the program allowed you to just delete it, it would keep magically coming back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dshall said:

I swear,  if there is anybody that knows as much as the Alaskan knows,  I would like to meet him.

Thanks Michael for your input.

Couldn't agree more. Alaskan is the man. Much respect.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Yep...seen it happen to me a hundred times, and always wish it would just delete on the 2nd erase rather than messing with auto-rebuild

1 minute ago, DzinEye said:

Yep...seen it happen to me a hundred times, and always wish it would just delete on the 2nd erase rather than messing with auto-rebuild

Don’t think it could ever work properly that way.  Chief needs some kind of placeholder in order for Auto Rebuild to remain toggled on. 

36 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

I just change them to invisible and turn that layer off. Works well and no need to fight the program - you will lose more times than you will win.

Yep true enough... but I'll probably create another layer just for those, because I usually have other invisible walls that I want to keep in their semi-visible state.