Referenced view to layout X12?

tommy1

Did anything happen in X12 when sending a plan view to layout with the 2nd. floor reference turned on? It's not working for me. I can get it to show right if I send it to layout as an image. Just tried it in X11 and the plan referencing the 2nd. floor sent just fine to the layout. (without sending it as an image). Am I missing something new in X12?

If the second floor is turned on for reference display and you send the view to layout, the second floor should be on for the layout view.  This has not changed in X12 but a number of other related things have.

If you open your layout box and look at the plan view data, you should be able to see if your layout box is linked to a saved plan view or not.  If it is linked to a saved plan view, then the saved plan view will control the reference display.  If it is not linked to a saved plan view, then the layout box will control the reference display.  Check these settings.

If you still can't figure out what is going on, then you should post a simple plan and layout that demonstrates the problem.  Someone should be able to quickly tell you what is going on.

If all else fails, contact technical support during our normal business hours.

20 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

Dermot, I don't use saved plan views. I will check this again later. Thank you.

In X11 when you sent to layout it was linked to a saved plan view --- unless you selected NONE before sending I believe 

you may not have this Toolbar on if you migrated forward.... ( customise and add if needed)

image.thumb.png.68998c5521ebc5c66dc45e34e39e5457.png

In X12 it is optional and in the DBX when you 1st send it ie check it or not to use SPV's. 

If you select the Layout Box there will be an Icon to the right of the Red/Black Chain link Icon for de-Linking or creating SPVs on the Edit Toolbar.

Okay, I found the problem and it has nothing to do with "saved plan views" for I don't use them and saved plan views are always set to "none" for I don't use them. Here's what I have to do to fix this in certain plans and ('ll explain "certain plans" in a minute). In different working plans, when I send the plan view to the layout referencing the 2nd. floor, I have to open the viewport and tell it which floor to reference and not use the default setting of "automatic". It seems to reference different things in different plans so I have to open the viewport in the layout (different plans) and turn off stuff. Now that I know how to fix it, it's a quick fix. This is NOT a user error or a program error. I can open a new plan and layout and send the plan to the layout referencing the 2nd. floor and all is good.

Here's what's happening. Last month, my laptop hard drive went bad and lost all my files. OMG, this was my worst nightmare for I was working on 3 very involved plans. Anyway, I did have a great computer tech recover my files. I bought a new laptop and reinstalled X10, X11, and X12. Apparently in the recovery of the files, something happened to the files that is messing up how the referencing is being transferred to the layout for it's different with different plans. Everything works fine when I do a new plan. I also noticed that a couple of the textures didn't recover right even though they should have but was an easy fix. So far, these are the only problems I've had with these recovered files. I'm so relieved that I at least got my files back!

Just to clarify, the "automatic" setting for the reference floor will normally display the floor below.  If there is no floor below, it will then display the floor above.  This means that it might actually change on you if you add/remove a foundation or link the layout to another plan that has different floors available.  X11 works the same as X12 in this regard but they are both different than X10 and earlier since we added some significant improvements to the reference display in X11.

For this reason, I would recommend that you specify the actual floor you want to reference, especially if you are trying to show the reference floor as part of your construction documents.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dermot said:

Just to clarify, the "automatic" setting for the reference floor will normally display the floor below.  If there is no floor below, it will then display the floor above.  This means that it might actually change on you if you add/remove a foundation or link the layout to another plan that has different floors available.  X11 works the same as X12 in this regard but they are both different than X10 and earlier since we added some significant improvements to the reference display in X11.

For this reason, I would recommend that you specify the actual floor you want to reference, especially if you are trying to show the reference floor as part of your construction documents.

Yes I do call the exact floor I need to display and always have, never had any problems with it.