can't copy and paste from plan to new plan. x12

DianeP

Anyone else having this difficulty.  I have had difficulty pasting a picture from Snip and Sketch and a wall from another plan that was created in x12.  Never had any problems in x10 doing what I am trying to do.  I have tried control C, Control V, and using the actual copy tool in chief architect when I select the wall.  The paste options aren't available (grayed out)  Any suggestions.  

A little more information.  I went to a different plan and copied a wall and was able to paste it into the current plan.  Then I went back to the original wall I wanted in the other plan and was able to copy it and paste it in the current plan as well.  What the heck???? 

Edited by DianeP
new info.

I have this happen from time to time.  It seems related to nothing more than the clipboard having a bad day.  At any rate, I think you can usually fix it by rebooting, but I also think it will fix itself if you copy and paste something in the problem window.  Then go back and try your original operation again.  It should work.  At least that's how I remember resetting the clipboard when that happens.  It doesn't seem to happen often enough for me to remember how to deal with it, so I always have to try one or 3 things before I get it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...