A couple stair related questions...

DzinEye

Off-hand, have any of you experienced the two issues I'm highlighting in the stairway?  Treads showing through stringer on curved portion of stair, and railing below not filling out with ballusters?
This in in X11 and the file is massive, so I'm first trolling for thoughts before posting the plan.
Thanks in advance...
Mark 

Stair.JPG

25 minutes ago, solver said:

Easy to use Edit Area to cut out just the problem part of the plan.

I wish it was that easy, unless (and likely) that I'm not doing something right.
I get the following when I Edit Area All Floors...   and it's even worse with just Edit Area.

On the bright-side... it fixed my railing under the stairs!?!?  Makes me think it must be related to the floor opening, no?
Now about those treads...    

Stair-1.JPG

1 minute ago, DzinEye said:

I wish it was that easy, unless (and likely) that I'm not doing something right.
I get the following when I Edit Area All Floors...   and it's even worse with just Edit Area.

Eric was suggesting a method of posting a stripped own version of the plan, not a solution to your problem.

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Eric was suggesting a method of posting a stripped own version of the plan, not a solution to your problem.

Yeah, I realize that, but when I use that method to cut out this portion of the plan, and paste it into a new plan file to send just this area, this mess is what I see, so I didn't bother sending it.  Should I send it anyway?...or am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried this in X12 yet?  The problems with the stair tread related to curved stairs and closed stringers should be significantly improved in X12.

As far as the railing is concerned, the program is not able to clip a normal railing to fit under a staircase.  You will have to come up with a different method for modelling this.  You may want to submit a feature request for this.

5 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Have you tried this in X12 yet?  The problems with the stair tread related to curved stairs and closed stringers should be significantly improved in X12.

1 minute ago, solver said:

I see no problems either in X12. Is there some reason you are using X11?

Yeah.. I have to share the file with an interior designer using X11...  But great to know... I will have to take screenshots from X12.

8 minutes ago, Dermot said:

As far as the railing is concerned, the program is not able to clip a normal railing to fit under a staircase.  You will have to come up with a different method for modelling this.  You may want to submit a feature request for this.

Thank you Dermot, I will