How do you make a integrated sink vanity?

dskogg

I cannot clearly see what the sink looks like but you can do that, to a degree with just a base cabinet and its dialog box: place the base cabinet, place your chosen sink in it and then remove the "Toe Kick", then set the countertop at the height from the floor you wish and then manually raise up the bottom to whatever height above the floor you wish, it is rather straight forward.

DJP

10 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

I cannot clearly see what the sink looks like but you can do that, to a degree with just a base cabinet and its dialog box: place the base cabinet, place your chosen sink in it and then remove the "Toe Kick", then set the countertop at the height from the floor you wish and then manually raise up the bottom to whatever height above the floor you wish, it is rather straight forward.

DJP

I'll add that you can just increase the countertop thickness in the dbx and in plan view, right click your sink symbol to adjust it vertical offset. Should be pretty easy.

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

I'll add that you can just increase the countertop thickness in the dbx and in plan view, right click your sink symbol to adjust it vertical offset. Should be pretty easy.

I guess i just need to find a sink that is square so it looks like it is integrated that is the challenge.

30 kube bliss cabinet.JPG

4 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I guess i just need to find a sink that is square so it looks like it is integrated that is the challenge.

30 kube bliss cabinet.JPG

Keep in mind that your client is buying the sink they pick out at the fixture store and not the one in a virtual model. Just say'n

DJP

3 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Keep in mind that your client is buying the sink they pick out at the fixture store and not the one in a virtual model. Just say'n

DJP

Actually david this is the entire unit that is available, sink and cabinet included, thus integrated sink.

Just now, dskogg said:

Ryan, my kohler library does not have a pedestal section?

X12 yesterday I believe it was in bathrooms, sinks, pedestal sorry not at computer at the moment but it was definitely in it yesterday as I used it then replaced it with another one.

8 minutes ago, dskogg said:

still no luck, did a search for pedestal and traverse, no traverse.

I might have found a sink that is close, not square corners though.

Cheers.

Sorry I went back through to my job yesterday and found it isn't traverse, it was tresham.  But looking at it you may want a different one:

image.thumb.png.c9da3a7689c4361cc494029f8df82851.png

Check this one out:

image.thumb.png.af5737d07c47db3475377106e40b357a.png

5 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Rene gave the answer - since you want square corners it's easy. Adding radiused edges would take a bit longer.

Psolid to size of sink, convert to solid, explode solid, delete top face.

If you want a drain hole add a cylinder and extrude the bottom face a fraction so you can do boolean subtraction.

OR easier add a small round psolid to the bottom. 

Convert to symbol, fixture interior, inserts into a countertop, sink. If you convert the whole counter and sink to a symbol then it's a PIA to use with a cabinet.

Cabinet with counter top size you need, add the sink symbol, adjust it's height in relation to the counter if you didn't when making the symbol. Rebuild 3D.

Making took about the same time it took to write all this. Certainly less time than the collective search.

image.thumb.png.04c72a19708276d4a87c983f31895df7.png

Integrated sink.plan

Yes, sometimes one cant see the forest for the trees...i was just making one, used a pop up drain and some solids.

integrated sink custom sink top.jpg

5 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Unless I spec a specific model and style. Sometimes it matters. When I do a custom home I spec a lot of fixtures and finishes. No sense in letting someone else rack up those fees...that's what they come to me for.

8 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Unless I spec a specific model and style. Sometimes it matters. When I do a custom home I spec a lot of fixtures and finishes. No sense in letting someone else rack up those fees...that's what they come to me for.

A lot of the time my custom home and remodeling clients have not yet picked out specific fixtures for their design. If they have done so and supply me with specs, I then try my utmost to make my drawings as realistic as possible but in the end, it is the materials they specify and the fixtures and appliances that they personally pick out and or buy that is applied to their project. My drawings are conceptual, their project is what, in the end, counts and matters, not any virtual model.

DJP

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dskogg said:

Rob, i dont see any traverse in kohler? Another name?

Glad to see you got your vanity complete. As far as the 'Traverse' sink goes...you should make sure your Kohler library is up to date. At any rate, you can see that by manipulating the stretch planes, you'd be able to make all the sink sizes from the 'Bliss' collection by Kube.

image.thumb.png.9897bcfde4d9dbe656db221fa1b2b097.png

5 hours ago, robdyck said:

Glad to see you got your vanity complete. As far as the 'Traverse' sink goes...you should make sure your Kohler library is up to date. At any rate, you can see that by manipulating the stretch planes, you'd be able to make all the sink sizes from the 'Bliss' collection by Kube.

image.thumb.png.9897bcfde4d9dbe656db221fa1b2b097.png

Thanks Rob, it is a good quick option, thanks for that, only thing doesnt it make the sink deeper?  I think the bliss sink top is about 4.75" thick.

7 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

A lot of the time my custom home and remodeling clients have not yet picked out specific fixtures for their design. If they have done so and supply me with specs, I then try my utmost to make my drawings as realistic as possible but in the end, it is the materials they specify and the fixtures and appliances that they personally pick out and or buy that is applied to their project. My drawings are conceptual, their project is what, in the end, counts and matters, not any virtual model.

DJP

Yes that totally makes sense, in this case I am doing the design and renovation for this project and I am trying to provide a cost effective solution to the customer and at the same time selling him on the design.  

He is open to some more modern looks and I want to help with this and also build my design build portfolio, often times clients will make their own decisions without designer input and sometimes it doesn't work well in the end.  So if you are only designing then you job stops their, but if you are also building then I want to help guide them to have the best most current look.

Does this make more sense now?