dskogg

Why doesnt wc show rope lights?

Added lights are better IMO because its easier to group select them and change them all at once.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Select large p-line, click the subtraction tool, and then click the shape you want to subtract (smaller p-line).

I cant believe i got it to work once and now it wont subtract?

I have a polyline solid circle and a cad circle inside of it, i select polyline solid and then subtract tool and then try and select cad circle, nothing?

3 minutes ago, dskogg said:

and select cad circle

Convert it to a p-solid first.

19 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Actually, to be more precise, it just needs to be converted to an actual polyline.  A circle is not a polyline.  It can either be converted to a multi-segment polyline or to a couple arcs.  Converting to a polyline solid does the trick, not because its a polyline solid but because its a polyline.  During the convert process, it's just broken into 2 arcs automatically.  Semantics?  Maybe,,but I think it's good to understand whats actually happening.  You can get to the same end any number of ways.  No matter what you do though, a true CAD Circle object cannot be used with boolean operations.

Read Michael's post. He nailed it.

Ok thanks, I don’t see a way to convert a circle to a poly line.

i finally got it to work, I suspect ca was selecting the camera not the inner circle, so I zoomed in and then it let me select the cad circle and subtract.

but I am confused you say it can’t be done with a as circle because I couldn’t convert to a polyline?