WORKSHOP this Friday at 3:00 pm PST

dshall

Hi All,

I will host a WORKSHOP this Friday at 3:00 pm PST Friday.....  6:00 pm EST Friday .....  and 9:00 am Aussie time on a Saturday.

This will be a GOTOMEETING and I will host.

If you would like to attend......  please please please send me an email to.     dscotthall AT mac DOT com      (this makes it so much easier for me vs you responding in this thread. )

An email please  An email please.  An email please.  An email please.  An email please.  An email please. 

Twos topics can we can discuss are:

-   the terrains in the latest X-12

- PLAN VIEW SETS with the ref sets......  

and anything you want to discuss.....  lets's try to keep it to less than 1 hour......  but I have a feeling it will go 2 hours.....

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Low-tech man here... I assume this requires participants to have a microphone?

You can follow along ok without a mic,

you just won't be able to be heard by

others (of course you need a speaker 

to hear others). As I recall you can type

in responses but don't hold me to that. 

Just get yourself a cheapo headset and

you'll be good to go.

Hi Guys,

We are good to go.  Our workshop is tomorrow/Friday  3:00 pst,  5:00 CST,  6:00 EST....  and (Saturday 9:00 am Aussie time).  I will send out the invites 15 minutes early so you can get set up.  We will start promptly on time.  If you have my email invite,  you can join at anytime and leave anytime.  We will try to keep it under 2 hours.

I would like to start off sharing my experiences with the new plan view sets and ref sets.  It seems like whenever I stick my nose out there, someone comes up with some great suggestions.  After that I hope to share the screen with anybody who wants to share what they know of if they have any issues.

We have some heavy hitters joining us so there should be plenty of good info.

If you would like to attend......  please please please send me an email to.     dscotthall AT mac DOT com      (this makes it so much easier for me vs you responding in this thread. )

See you then....  

20 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Low-tech man here... I assume this requires participants to have a microphone?

Phone headphones work, I use my over-ear Sony's on my PC, but you may need an adaptor to work on a PC port depending on whether you have separate ports for headphones and mic or a combo like some laptops have and whether you use an android phone or an iphone as iphone's use a different wiring scheme.

M.

Hey Guys. (and Gals), some ideas for topics today:

-The ref sets ( I will start with this)

-The new stair capabilities.,  if someone can share what they know that would be great. (I happen to have the perfect model to play with)

-The Style Pallet tool.....  this is an awesome tool.....  I would like to hear from somebody who has used this

- and any other ideas will be welcome

I will send out emails 15 minutes before we start and I will post here to let you know the invites have been sent.  If you don't get one,  email and let me know before we start.

If you would like to attend......  please please please send me an email to.     dscotthall AT mac DOT com      (this makes it so much easier for me vs you responding in this thread. )

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:53 AM, Kbird1 said:

Phone headphones work, I use my over-ear Sony's on my PC, but you may need an adaptor to work on a PC port depending on whether you have separate ports for headphones and mic or a combo like some laptops have and whether you use an android phone or an iphone as iphone's use a different wiring scheme.

M.

Thanks Mick.  I had all that stuff back in my gaming days... but no longer.  May have to invest in something again.  I will attend on the sidelines today, listening in.  

7 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Or you could log in with an iPad or even just a smartphone, I think.

Thank you Richard.  Alas... despite once being the proud owner of a 1984 Macintosh, I'm back in the PC world...  (crayons vs. your colored pencils)...  the smartphone may be an option though!.. thanks. 

1 hour ago, dshall said:

- and any other ideas will be welcome

Terrains would be a good topic, especially using terrain breaks and regular walls, rather than retaining walls. Thanks. Looking forward to the workshop.

2 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Thank you Richard.  Alas... despite once being the proud owner of a 1984 Macintosh, I'm back in the PC world...  (crayons vs. your colored pencils)...  the smartphone may be an option though!.. thanks. 

just realized it is GTM , so with the Email Scott sends you, call in with your Phone and use it for Audio not the computer Audio and you should be okay.....

might want to install and start GTM early so you don't miss anything if you don't already use it.

I unfortunately have a meeting at the same time , so hopefully someone can record and upload ....please..... :) 

M.

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

just realized it is GTM , so with the Email Scott sends you, call in with your Phone and use it for Audio not the computer Audio and you should be okay.....

might want to install and start GTM early so you don't miss anything if you don't already use it.

M.

WOW there cowboy.....  we do it with computer audio.  My phone can't handle that many folks ......  answer the email on your computer,  click a few buttons and you should be able to hear the audio with your computer and you should be able to talk thru your computer.

Mick,  am I missing something?

I have done this many times and somehow the folks on the other end figure it out very quickly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dshall said:

Mick,  am I missing something?

Yes.  You are.  GTM provides an option to call in to their system using a phone.  They're not calling you.  They're calling into the meeting using a special phone number and access code provided by GTM.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Yes.  You are.  GTM provides an option to call in to their system using a phone.  They're not calling you.  They're calling into the meeting using a special phone number and access code provided by GTM.

Thanks for clarifying .....  thank goodness I have a Mac  ....  I know very little about computers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Read the invites you send out Scott.  They should include something like...

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/836869109

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States:
+1 (669) 224-3412

Access Code: 836-869-109

Yea,  I have read that,  I thought that was left over from the dial up days of Prodigy and Netscape....  remember that nonsense?

• Upvote 1

I just sent out the invite,  if you did not get one,  

If you would like to attend......  please please please send me an email to.     dscotthall AT mac DOT com      (this makes it so much easier for me vs you responding in this thread. )

• Upvote 1