Garage Slab integration

Designer1

7 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

True, it's not a great solution due to the abruptness of the elevation change, but for speed and a few inches of change I thought it would be acceptable.  For a few more seconds I think this solution is more acceptable. 

Terrain.JPG

I like that solution,  that is what I was trying to do with a TERRAIN REGION and it was a mess... not sure what I am doing wrong.

• Upvote 1

If you look at my solution there are 3 cross elevation data lines starting at 6" inside the garage, 4" out about 4' from the garage and 0" about 12' out from the garage,  There are also 2 elevation lines at the edge of the property at 0" running parallel to the long dimension of the terrain perimeter. 

The cross-lines are only the pavement width long so they ramp the driveway and leave most of the terrain untouched.  It works. Here is a plan file.  Garage.plan.   

Notice the contour lines as well.

754459384_GaragePlan.thumb.jpg.948fed9cd100cc76cbf65fbadbd287cf.jpg

30 minutes ago, dshall said:

I like that solution,  that is what I was trying to do with a TERRAIN REGION and it was a mess... not sure what I am doing wrong.

In situations like this that is what I normally do too  ie place a 6" - 12" wide T.Region across the front of the garage and the rest of the Terrain will slope up to it automatically, haven't tried it in X12 , but are you saying it doesn't work like it used too ?  Will give it a try when I have some more time.....

*** Edited - I see we posted at the same time.....it does work.

M

21 minutes ago, dshall said:

there must be something in my other plan that is not working correctly

If you have overlapping Elevation Data they can definitely mess with each other   eg an elevation (contour) line running under the elevation region.

M.

23 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

*** Edited - I see we posted at the same time.....it does work.

M

it does not work on my mystery plan...  the only change was extending the driveway into the garage..... it is the garage that is effecting the terrain....  not sure if I have ever seen this

2134518888_ScreenShot2020-03-25at10_08_42AM.thumb.png.ea6a1f1f557af33b9984a428933d2bee.png1902063453_ScreenShot2020-03-25at10_08_30AM.thumb.png.83336e777f3d169751917af156ad3bca.pnginto the garage...

1 hour ago, dshall said:

What happens is when it is checked....  the room above will control the terrain elevation. 

Actually, the room isn't doing anything.  What happens when you check Flatten Pad is the exact same thing that would happen if you were to place a Flat Region (Cut/Fill) shaped exactly like your exterior room perimeter on the lot.  Chief just modifies the terrain to essentially create a flat spot on the desired footprint without adding or removing any material from that area.  It might dip down to make this happen (cut) or it might rise up (fill)...

1947063738_terrain1.thumb.jpg.480aaa6ef1a95f663547976c8d8a9064.jpg689762043_terrain2.thumb.jpg.d5b115b05b2eee3c927cb878ef895245.jpg