Door label text position

Jambruins

Open that door's dbx. Go to the label tab, check the x,y position. Copy that info to your door defaults. Check to see it works for smaller doors.

EDITED:

Forget all that. It relative to the main layer side of the wall. So you'd be continually reversing wall layers!

There must be another way... @Alaskan_Son might know how.

10 hours ago, robdyck said:

Forget all that. It relative to the main layer side of the wall. So you'd be continually reversing wall layers!

There must be another way... @Alaskan_Son might know how.

Could be wrong, but I very much doubt it. I doubt there's a way to make it relative to the door swing position... and besides, then where would it go with non-swinging doors?
I think your original answer is the best current solution.

The label position can be specified on the label panel of the specification dialog.

This can be setup in the default dialogs but the default values are not dynamic.  This means that if you already have objects in the plan, changing the default won't affect them.  You would need to group select them and change them instead.

You can not specify that the position of the label is relative to the door swing though.  The position is always relative to the wall direction.  In the attached image, the -12 Y Offset is above the door because the wall is going left to right.

label offest.png

Don't we wish the software could do everything?

OTOH, if it did then we would be out of business.

However, CA could if they wanted come up with a way to automatically offset relative to the "swing side" of a door.  It's not clear to me that this would handle all possible configurations without a lot of extra conditional processing.  Probably not worth the effort.

• Upvote 1

BTW, the original poster never said that he wanted the label tied to the swing direction.  That's just seem like people reading more into the post than was actually said.  If this is what people actually want, then someone needs to submit a feature request for this.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dermot said:

BTW, the original poster never said that he wanted the label tied to the swing direction.  That's just people reading more into the post than was actually said.

Agreed, but it's a logical assumption.  

IAE, it's easy enough to just move the labels as needed.

• Upvote 1