screen capture odd shape

stager386

2 minutes ago, stager386 said:

When I do a screen capture of a rug that is 8x10, it's an easy way to add it to my library.  Now I want to capture a rug that is round. How do I do that, since the capture tool is all straight lines?

You would need to make it a png and delete the white background in an external editor. It would not be tileable. Can you paste it here?

A quick way to do this is with the Poly-line solid method.

It won't be perfect since each texture gets layered over the next... and you may see an 1/8th inch thick build-up. But it's good enough to fake in a 3d camera view. 

Attached is a 3ds symbol which should get you going! BTW... this was done really quickly. In case you want something to match more closely, I can resend. 

Best, Val 

Snip20200316_46.png

Round Rug .3ds

That's correct... and part of why it only took about  a minute to "stack" everything. Anyway ...Just opened X-11. Takes 2 minutes to re-do, and using your suggestion.  The right way. 

...BTW very impressive renders on your site. Are all of them done using Chief? or is there a hint of Lumion as part of the rendering process? 

X-11...

This was again made using poly line solids... But with a cut-out for each piece, so that the rug reads as one. 

The 8 foot section was created first. Then it gets a poly line solid "hole" for the middle section.

The middle section gets slid into position... and likewise, it gets a cut-out for the center.

The center section goes into place... and voila.  (3) pieces all at the same height. No shadows lines. 

Round carpet.plan

Round Carpet .3ds

2 minutes ago, VHampton said:

X-11...

This was again made using poly line solids... But with a cut-out for each piece, so that the rug reads as one. 

The 8 foot section was created first. Then it gets a poly line solid "hole" for the middle section.

The middles section gets slid into position... and likewise it gets a cut-out for the center.

The center section goes into place... and voila.  (3) pieces all at the same height. No shadows lines. 

Round carpet.plan

Round Carpet .3ds

Gosh, thank you so much!