Hidden wall?

LouFabb

Greetings,

This wall will be built on the original roof and should stop at the new addition's roof above. The wall should not show on the second floor (as shown).

Without this wall in place there is a hole in the sidewall, with this wall in place there is a wall in the middle of the room where there should be no wall. I have tried moving the wall up to attic and making the wall hidden without success.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Lou F.

horton_remodel2.zip

wall3.jpg

One solution (there are more than one):

1. Delete that wall.

2. Shoot an Orthographic Full Overview. You'll see the Interior-4 wall; select it and Open Object.

wall1.thumb.PNG.657d59e1ec63512da0fc6424e350cd01.PNG

3. Change the Wall Type to Siding-6 to match your other exterior walls.

wall2.thumb.PNG.5e3c48af8f39b26d797fb915594215ca.PNG

4. In Roof>Roof Options, check Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom.

Wall3.thumb.PNG.f8ed6c15ffc733c3f7cfe4dda6ce1f75.PNG

This gives you the desired exterior wall infill, while removing any wall in the interior.

wall4.thumb.PNG.49316c16d3847a7e9dd2b6cb93ffb8e8.PNGwall5.thumb.PNG.b2e22174bcd6846ce33516f71982958c.PNG

Thanks rlackore. If there are more than one solution then I need another solution because I can't get that one to work correctly.

1. Delete that wall - done.
2.  Shoot an Orthographic Full Overview. You'll see the Interior-4 wall; select it and Open Object.

What I see is a Siding -6 wall to select. When I select and extend that wall to fill in the sidewall hole and then change to Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom, the wall then is visible in plan view. Shows up in plan view. So I'm doing something wrong but have tried numerous times with no success.

Attached views.

wall3a.jpg

wall3b.jpg

17 hours ago, LouFabb said:
What I see is a Siding -6 wall to select. When I select and extend that wall to fill in the sidewall hole and then change to Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom, the wall then is visible in plan view. Shows up in plan view. So I'm doing something wrong but have tried numerous times with no success.

If you select the Interior-4 wall while in Orthographic Overview, then adjust the settings as described, it will work. Don't mess around with an exterior Siding-6 wall, and don't drag any wall around - it's just not necessary.