Counter to counter dimension snap?

ChristinoDesign

I am trying to dimension countertop to countertop aisle space in my kitchen and bath plan view, we typically show these for client presentation. I can't get the point to point dimension tool to snap to the countertop edge, unless I converted it to a custom countertop. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks

53 minutes ago, ChristinoDesign said:

I am trying to dimension countertop to countertop aisle space in my kitchen and bath plan view, we typically show these for client presentation. I can't get the point to point dimension tool to snap to the countertop edge, unless I converted it to a custom countertop. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks

are you certain that all the counters are now custom? Plan view or elevation? I have no trouble when using custom tops in either; non custom tops are a problem in elevation. Might post a plan for us to look at. NEED TO KNOW what version of the program you are using.

FWIW I never ever use point to point dimensions since those are not snapped to the object but to a new point created when you pull the dimension. Hence those will not change if you move the object. Instead use end to end dimensions.

Aisle dimensions are a bit easier if you have a dedicated dimension default for it-only snaps to counters, nothing else, but goes on the same layer used for kitchen cabinets so they show when you want them.