Thumbnail Image...is That Supposed To Be A Folder Icon? I Can't See It?

zowie123

Go to solution Solved by KilgoreTrout,

Hello,

I have preferences, file management, thumbnail images checked, as well as trying to save them manually,  but I don't see an image as a folder icon in windows explorer.  Is that what it's supposed to do, create a folder icon? Perhaps my expectations need adjusting:)  Yes i switched my folder view to icons.  Is there something else I need to do in windows to make this work?

Thank you for considering.  

Cheers! B

Check page 49 of the Reference Manual, the thumbnails are as Perry commented for use with Chief's internal browser , to show a small preview of the plan ,  though I guess you could use the _p.jpg file as you folder icon if you wanted. You can also make your own thumbnails ,since the auto ones aren't always very good. There are other icons available for Chief files too if for eg. you want different colours etc. for windows explorer.

You guys do realize that the thumbnails were changed in X6?  You won't get the "*_p.jpg" files anymore.  The thumbnails are imbedded in the .plan file now.  You won't see them if you turn on large or even extra large icons.  You only see them if you turn on the preview pane in windows explorer.  You still have control over the size and you can always save any screen image as the imbedded thumbnail by using the "save thumbnail" tool.