Bamboo Stalk

doitright

Thanks Chopsaw but not having any luck with this. This is my first time trying to get something out of 3d warehouse. When I download a file I get the message that it a read only file. When I import it to Chief I get the message that it was an incompatible file. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Sorry your posted Sketchup file is too new for X8.  I was able to get a 2015 file to load or Collada File would also work.

Can you point me to where you found the file or just be sure to open the larger display of the item and click the Download dropdown for older files that are available.

Try the 2015 version of this one.   https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/56f2d498-554e-4d86-a3b4-84fbbeaa46c4/Bamboo

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

On the one I posted, if you need to shrink it you will also need to shrink the material accordingly.

It had one of the better material files of the ones I looked at.

I could import this one but thought i could break up the individual stocks but not so. I did like your previous one but how do I change the material length different from object length?

In future should I download sketchup 2015 version for my x8?

The material was set at 9 7/8" for X and Y...    That was the distance between the rings then you may also need to adjust the Y position for the correct offset.  I had that at 3 1/8".

It will look a bit odd if you compress it too much.  Possibly you could sink them into the ground or basement or just apply the original material on a chief cylinder.

image.thumb.png.f39862f47edcf302fd9dc04adba987c3.png

Yes for X8 I think it is 2016 or older at least until you upgrade chief.