Having troubles with new physically based render

Kriska

Hello, No matter what I do the sunlight is either too bright or not enuf(5 - 1000). The added lights & mini cans are set to 20. Any shine or reflection is just lost due to over or under lighting. I seriously spend most of my time fighting with lights... I've tried adjusting camera settings, lighting colors, eliminating a background for window views... Always frustrated with this. Please help!

If you could post a pic or two of your current renderings it would help to see what might be going on, or better still, the plan. Reflections in PBR can be challenging and the results disappointing without some additional material property manipulation and possibly the inclusion of some strategically placed lights.

18 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

If you could post a pic or two of your current renderings it would help to see what might be going on, or better still, the plan. Reflections in PBR can be challenging and the results disappointing without some additional material property manipulation and possibly the inclusion of some strategically placed lights.

Graham, earlier when I first saw this post I recalled a response you posted semi-recently about a different PBR issue and you really went into excellent detail about how to approach setting up the lighting including the sun, etc..  I was short for time and couldn't find it, but you might direct the OP to it,  or copy it again to this thread if you know where it is.

• 2 weeks later...