Stretching a symbol

Bob-Roraback

I am having trouble trying to stretch this symbol. It is a beam for a 14' post and beam structure.

I want it to be able to be resized to any length without changing the position or size of the center mortise and dowel holes or the angle brace mortices on each end.

I just want to stretch it at the points where it is just a square 6x6, Is this possible? Thanks for any help

Beam symbol.plan

Eri

16 minutes ago, solver said:

Chop and Steve -- I posted the same suggestion yesterday but removed it because it does not seem to work.

Original symbol on top, copied it and added stretch planes. Notice how the features like the center mortise stretch.

ct1.thumb.png.fa2e43f84dd07e19d13b6f3820715f19.png

Eric...see attached.  One is stretched...the other is not.  The center hole looks fine.  However...I did notice that the 2D Cad block does stretch...so, maybe that is what got you thinking it does not work?

2020-03-10_11-10-43.thumb.png.3fcc0a4f341b1ac6cd0098aa7e69d30e.png 2020-03-10_11-13-08.thumb.png.b355f1172df4126d2588486e14470317.png

31 minutes ago, solver said:

What does the black fill in the Auto Generate check box indicate?

I believe it's indicative of the fact the auto generate status is in limbo so to speak.  If you try to rotate that block in a section/elevation view, you will get a pop-up message asking "Do you want to regenerate....".  Whether that box becomes checked or unchecked depends on your answer to that question.  In other words, the setting is somewhat undecided till you get the pop-up dialog. 

NOTE:  While that setting is "in limbo" (my term not Chief's), the block will remain unchanged with any plan view changes.  As far as I know, it's only rotation around the x and/or y axis that trigger the pop-up. 

6 minutes ago, solver said:

And I guess the Generate Block button is there to manually generate the block if you do not want to Auto Generate? 

Yes.  There are a good handful of scenarios where we might not want a different block.  Electrical symbols are one of the most obvious and there are sink blocks along with their associated Countertop Holes but there are plenty others as well.