Home Design Import into Surveyor's Terrain

KnotSquare

I have imported a dwg file from my surveyor and created terrain for a large, steep lot on a hillside in Montana.

I have designed a house for my clients for this hillside and converted it to an exterior fixture and placed it on the lot.

I would like to import the actual model onto the lot so that I can manipulate the front patio and add stairs from the upper deck around one corner to access the hillside.

I can find no information about combining imported terrain and X12 models.

Does anyone know if there are articles already written or YouTube videos that I just can't find or better, have some instruction on how to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Mark Farrar

Knot Square Design, LLC

20.03.06 Arch'l Trusses 2.plan.zip

Concept_1_on_Lot.zip

Did you import the terrain into your X12 plan?

Have you then created a Terrain Perimeter and set the elevation data to match the imported dwg?

The other thing you have to do is set the offset so that your model elevation sits on the terrain at the correct height. 

• Upvote 1

Joe,

I did import the terrain into the X12 plan.

I think that the issue is that the Terrain is in elevation above sea level. How do I change the entire model to reference sea level?

What I see when I use either zoom symbol, image.png.745ad37fb6912de60a0a3db9b06e0e5c.png is this: image.thumb.png.ca5e6372c8f9036c2647407ad2fe26ae.png

All terrain layers are checked as displayed. This happens with the perspective or orthographic camera.

Thank you.

Mark

image.png

23 minutes ago, KnotSquare said:

How do I change the entire model to reference sea level?

Go to the Terrain Specification dbx and set:

• Building Pad > Subfloor Height Above Terrain

Note that it should be relative to Elevation 0.00 

Example:

• Pad Elevation 4893'
  • Subfloor Height Above Terrain = 58728"