Style Pallet Question - Int Doors

SNestor

So..I've been doing some experimenting with style pallets and it appears if you add the "interior door" component to a style pallet to make global changes...i.e.; changing the door style from a 6-panel to a 3-panel...it appears all the hinged doors will change to the new style...but pocket doors and sliding doors do not change.  

Is this correct or is there some issue I'm missing?  I've tried adjusting the settings in many different ways...without any luck.

Thanks...

2020-03-09_15-44-01.thumb.png.1ed451d44001e19d01e6ac4c068c1250.png

Hi Steve,
I've not played with style palettes yet, but interested in anything interesting you discover and share. 
My guess would be that you'd need to add each of those different door types to the style palette since they all have their own specification.

I should've spent a minute before commenting... I see that the style palette only allows one interior and one exterior door type.  Seems rather limited in scope.  I guess that would allow you to change door TYPES with different pallets but not different door panels on each different type.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Your guess is correct.

Yea...but, you can only add one "interior door" object to a style pallet.  Therefore...you can only effect a change to one door type.  Not good...unless I'm totally missing something.  

FYI..."style" is an available property in the "interior door" object...but, it only changes the style on the "type" of door you select in the "object property" field.  Such as "hinge", "pocket", "sliding"...etc. 

2020-03-10_14-48-27.thumb.png.9286b410cc4e84c62497c6aa078d5712.png2020-03-10_14-48-35.thumb.png.88ae95752a1c93a29b60b94b519343e1.png

IMO this is just a minor limitation of the "Style Pallets".  It doesn't prevent you from selecting other doors and changing their type.

It would be nice if it was a bit more comprehensive, but the "Style Pallets" is not a total replacement for "Defaults".  Sometimes we just have to do some actual work rather than expecting Chief to do everything for us.  ;)

Just now, Joe_Carrick said:

IMO this is just a minor limitation of the "Style Pallets".  It doesn't prevent you from selecting other doors and changing their type.

It would be nice if it was a bit more comprehensive, but the "Style Pallets" is not a total replacement for "Defaults".  Sometimes we just have to do some actual work rather than expecting Chief to do everything for us.  ;)

I'm with you 100% Joe...it's an absolutely amazing tool.  Very small limitation...especially for the first release of this new feature. I hope they continue to "improve" this tool in future releases...but, I'm happy with it either way.  

21 hours ago, SNestor said:

Yea...but, you can only add one "interior door" object to a style pallet.  Therefore...you can only effect a change to one door type.  Not good...unless I'm totally missing something.  

Nope.  Don't think you;re missing anything.  Make sure to send this in as a suggestion. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Dougak said:

Is there a simple way to undo this style pallet or shall it only be used on a test file? I would like to revert back to normal defaults. thanks in advance Doug

Make a style pallet with your defaults.  (Quick temp file using your template.)

On 3/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, SNestor said:

...especially for the first release of this new feature. I hope they continue to "improve" this tool in future releases...

It's not "the first release of this new feature" and you know my feelings about the chances of them actually improving this tool. I would LOVE to be wrong but my guess is it ain't gonna happen. Down votes please...aaand thank you..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2