Any Issues with Disabling File Locking?

wjmdes

I am assuming that File Locking is what does not allow my son and I to work on two different layouts at the same time productively, as our layouts reference different files for standard details.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having 2 licenses.

1242142264_reffiles.thumb.JPG.5d60f5fe19c8b49dc7392a97cf7366b2.JPG

If we Disable the file locking of our standard referenced files, are we going to have disastrous results?

1 minute ago, Kiwideziner said:

That dialog usually shows up if the file does not exist or has changed location.

That dialogue always comes up when my son has a layout open on his computer.  Any plan file that is attached to his current layout comes up as missing, but I am sure Chief is just not letting me open those.

26 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

That dialogue always comes up when my son has a layout open on his computer.  Any plan file that is attached to his current layout comes up as missing, but I am sure Chief is just not letting me open those.

I think it is so one User does not trying changing the file and perhaps corrupting it while open on another system , so I'd be careful for sure ( and have good daily backups)