Please help - Lost Room Definition!!!

Clint927

Guys; Need a huge favor from the community.    Can anyone help me get my Kitchen, Mudroom, and butler panty Room Definition back??  The room difinition is gone. (it's on the left side of 1st floor plan attached)  Lost floor.  All cabinets fell to the basement.  

I've been trying to fix it for days, by disconnecting and reconnecting walls.  All walls have "room definition".  I believe I screwed it up when trying to align walls; manually, as we are using IFC Foundation and Cheif puts the wall over the foam. I also attempted a step foundation (walk-out) and that might have screwed it up.  

Anyway, here is the zipped file.  (too large to attached normally).

Thanks to ANYONE who can figure this mess out. 

Personal Regards, Clint

Britt House.zip

Your Garage is not a 'room' either.
I sometimes build walls across rooms to help figure out where the problem is.  If the room forms on one side or the other of the new wall, then you know the side that's not turning into a room has the problem.  Doing that with your plan I found that it seems that your exterior wall along these rooms has the problem.  Also see how the 'exterior room' jogs into the building along that wall.

No Rooms.JPG

THANKS ALL and DzinEye.  I deleted the wall and built a new one and it apprears to be working!  Now I'll just reset the window.  As this point it looks like it's working!  Can't believe it was that easy.  Several hours wasted; but I'm back moving forward.

THANKS AGAIN.

Clint

6 hours ago, Clint927 said:

THANKS ALL and DzinEye.  I deleted the wall and built a new one and it apprears to be working!  Now I'll just reset the window.  As this point it looks like it's working!  Can't believe it was that easy.  Several hours wasted; but I'm back moving forward.

THANKS AGAIN.

Clint

Glad it’s working for you.  Sometimes if you have a trouble wall it works well to marquee select your windows and doors and Cmd(Ctrl)+X cut them delete that wall then redraw the wall and Cmd(Ctrl)+Alt+V to paste the windows and doors back in the same place.

Just for the record in case this comes up again.

The problem was caused by having that external wall down the left hand side of the 3 rooms and the garage, marked as a Double Wall - Furred Wall.

Changing it to the more normal Frame Through fixes the problem.

You should also check the wall at the top between the Covered Patio and kitchen - it is inside out.

• Upvote 1