Pocket Door Opening Direction

RobUSMC

What is the best way to change the opening (sliding) direction of a pocket door?  I've tried to grab the edge of the door and flip it like a hinged door but not working.  I've selected the "Change Door Swing" tool but that does not work either. 

3 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

What is the best way to change the opening (sliding) direction of a pocket door?  I've tried to grab the edge of the door and flip it like a hinged door but not working.  I've selected the "Change Door Swing" tool but that does not work either. 

To me it's the door swing direction tool in the bottom tool bar...which I have a hotkey assigned to.  Fast...

2020-03-07_12-09-03.png.9b79a86c61a05830dbba3da9d89b21c2.png

Pocket doors are a little obnoxious.  The guys above are right.  It's the swing direction tool that does the job, BUT, Chief flips the door based on the center of the opening and not on the center of the overall contraption which is problematic.  In this room for example...

PD1.thumb.png.02916fe00300d6e139006c5d4c94391f.png

...its obvious to us that we could flip that UNIT so the door is on the opposite side of the room, but Chief won't let us simply flip it and issues a warning ("There is insufficient room to change the opening/hinge side of this door.").  That's because when Chief flips the door it want to do so like this...

PD2.thumb.png.4d71bd9ff0ad34b7475dba7efb43d47f.png

My solution for these problem scenarios is to just use the Reflect About tool and either reflect the door about the room, about itself, or about some other appropriate object.

18 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Pocket doors are a little obnoxious.  The guys above are right.  It's the swing direction tool that does the job, BUT, Chief flips the door based on the center of the opening and not on the center of the overall contraption which is problematic.  In this room for example...

PD1.thumb.png.02916fe00300d6e139006c5d4c94391f.png

...its obvious to us that we could flip that UNIT so the door is on the opposite side of the room, but Chief won't let us simply flip it and issues a warning ("There is insufficient room to change the opening/hinge side of this door.").  That's because when Chief flips the door it want to do so like this...

PD2.thumb.png.4d71bd9ff0ad34b7475dba7efb43d47f.png

My solution for these problem scenarios is to just use the Reflect About tool and either reflect the door about the room, about itself, or about some other appropriate object.

I usually change it to a 6" wide door and then flip it and then resize.  

• Downvote 1

I am using a pocket door kit from KN Crowder. These are a bit more expensive but rock solid with soft close in both directions. Worth the money when it comes to a door that takes an act of Congress (and a lot of dust) to solve any problems.

https://www.kncrowder.com/slidingdoor/type-ccw.php