how can i down load chief training video's

antoine

Although you can capture videos using screen capture as Lew mentioned (I use Snagit for example) another approach is to use a download manager tool to get the original stream file.  This can also be done manually if you're a techy but such tools make it simpler.

These utilities are designed to optimise downloads by using many connections or downloading many items from a page and many offer video download.  In my case I use Internet Download Manager and it will offer download Chief training videos:

image.thumb.png.7aca79bc9483bcf3038f0e464b70c144.png

On 3/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, CharlesVolz said:

Howdy Simon,

Are you using Chrome? I can get it to work on Internet Explorer but not Chrome.

In Chrome, there is a handy extension called "Video Speed Controller" that works great and has programmable hot keys to boot.

Weird cos IE11 will load the Video's Page for me but I just get a black square where the Video should play..... so I've been using the ne Chromium based EDGE , which won't download the Videos either BTW...maybe a JAVA issue as many browsers don't support it anymore due to security.

so guys, i have resulted to using Video Download Capture,
but fact still remains. WHY can't we still download the video on right click with the mouse and save video as, (place in a folder somewhere)
this is how we could do it before. Why the change?

I didn't look at the page source before the change, but the way its accessing the video means its not a direct link to a video file and hence the save link as type functionality no longer works (it makes a separate request which streams the video).  

This is getting very common with video links to optimise delivery by only streaming what is watched and to prevent downloading so people always view the latest version (and on some sites get adverts etc) and also cannot easily distribute it.

All these download tools are doing is to make the request to stream the whole file and then download it.

1 hour ago, DG1949 said:

When I load a video (Safari), I can right-click and save, so it makes me think it's not necessarily CA that's behind the issue. 

I've not tried a recent Safari, but different browser have different capabilities (with or without add-ins) and some videos are made available from web sites in a form all browsers can download.  It's just becoming less common without add-ins for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

So it's mainly due to CA and their choice of delivery (Vimeo from the videos I've seen) as part of their web design, but I don't think CA are wrong to go this route as its a simple way ensure good video performance globally and its still easy to still download even if an add-in is required.

yes mate, it makes common sense your explanation. but fact still remains. 
CA video's should download directly and easily without an exterior source. or made easily for people with the SSA license.