Smooth board & batten texture?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, Richard_Morrison said:

Thanks! Why isn't this getting more publicity? I completely missed this.

Richard what did you do in the end for your b&b?  I have used material regions in past they look great but are a lot of work, or did you get the polyline distribution path working?

I am always looking for a good b&b that shows up well in 3d with the appropriate shadows.

31 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Richard what did you do in the end for your b&b?  I have used material regions in past they look great but are a lot of work, or did you get the polyline distribution path working?

I am always looking for a good b&b that shows up well in 3d with the appropriate shadows.

You may be missing a small detail or approach...I only say that as I feel like I know your capabilities in the software and you shouldn't think it is a lot of work.

1. Pull an elevation
  2. Draw material region using tab-input for the width making sure the entire material region is captured by the wall. This ensures that the region is in the right coordinate location(bound to the wall)
  3. Drag the region up past the plan of the highest ridge for that section of wall. 
  4. Multiple copy and drag along that walls elevation
  5. Optional to evenly distribute along the wall

Same method works for a stepped back location. I can usually do a whole house in 5 minutes or less

On 9/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, Renerabbitt said:

You may be missing a small detail or approach...I only say that as I feel like I know your capabilities in the software and you shouldn't think it is a lot of work.

1. Pull an elevation
  2. Draw material region using tab-input for the width making sure the entire material region is captured by the wall. This ensures that the region is in the right coordinate location(bound to the wall)
  3. Drag the region up past the plan of the highest ridge for that section of wall. 
  4. Multiple copy and drag along that walls elevation
  5. Optional to evenly distribute along the wall

Same method works for a stepped back location. I can usually do a whole house in 5 minutes or less

Rene...you are right...ha ha...not as much work as i make it out to be...it would be nice to have an automated way...