Faded Printout (both as a PDF and as a paper document)

Doug_N

I have a pdf of a skylight installation details, and it prints as expected.  However, when I imbed the pdf in a CA file, the printout is so faded that you can't read it.  The plans examiner has refused to accept an attached sheet, and is calling for the detail to be on a drawing set title block page.

I have tried importing the pdf to the layout directly and putting it on pg A5, and importing it to the plan file then sending it to the layout page.  The printed result is the same in both cases.

I also tried the Chief Architect save as PDF and Nuance PDF print driver, they both have the same result.

Printing directly to paper is even worse, so the problem is not with the PDF files, it is with CA and printing in general

For any of you that are interested, I have included all the files for the project as it involves both the layout file and the plan files.  

1123552719_PgA5asseeninlayoutfile.thumb.jpg.b51ff635dff8fdcf6452ce89c6a527e3.jpg429603412_PgA5asseeninprintedfile.thumb.jpg.e93777e6fdffc3856804f06eb0223526.jpg

The image on the left is what you see in CA and the one on the right is the resulting printout.

Printing the source PDF file exhibits no fadeout at all.

PDF_Printing_Problems.zip

I get pdf files that fade so I have to print them separately with an Autocad created border & use a PDF editor to replace the Chief output pdf page that was designated for that pdf.

It seems that there is no easy fix for Chief.