How do I get my callouts to rotate?

DenisonDrywall

I have a site that consists of 4 buildings.  some of the buildings i have to rotate the layout view to get it to fit on the page.  How do i get the callouts to rotate on the plan so that they show up correctly on the layout page? Bus BArn 1, 2 and Shop all need to be rotated in layout view to fit on the layout page.

i just upgraded X12 Premier

Thanks,

220-0014 Spirit Lake Bus Barn 3-5-20.pdf

You also need to check what Text style the Layer is using and set the rotation there if you are letting the layer control the text style.

I usually do that using ALDO ( Active Layer Display Options ) for simplicity.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:55 PM, DenisonDrywall said:

I also just uploaded/created a case to the customer support on CA website.

Let us know how that goes.  I can't seem to reproduce the issue although there was a major problem with this a few years back but I believe it was all resolved.

they told me that to resolve the problem i would have to just draw the plan rotated. Then I asked about the "rotate text with plan" button and this is what i got in response:

That option is there for custom text styles. What you'd have to do is rotate the plan how you'd want it to show on layout and set up all the callouts to use a custom text style. From there you'd want to make sure the text is oriented the way you want it and then turn off the Rotate with Plan then rotate the plan back to how you originally had it. The text should keep this new orientation, which could be used on the layout.

37 minutes ago, DenisonDrywall said:

they told me that to resolve the problem i would have to just draw the plan rotated.

This isn't true.  Here are 2 manually placed callouts as they are displayed in Plan...

pic1.thumb.jpg.7415e898f175e7a7f917420de04112e1.jpg

Same view sent to layout and rotated...

pic2.thumb.jpg.84243658c3c56ee7b3e32fc1322eb334.jpg

You need to set the text style being used to not Rotate With Plan.  Same goes for other text like that Room label.  As shown above it is set to Rotate With Plan.  Here's what it looks like in layout if I uncheck that setting...

pic3.thumb.jpg.d35d18cc93287b086d0c7f969c677e45.jpg

9 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You need to set the text style being used to not Rotate With Plan.  Same goes for other text like that Room label.  As shown above it is set to Rotate With Plan.  Here's what it looks like in layout if I uncheck that setting...

Thanks for clarifying Michael.   I was sidetracked with schedule callouts for some reason which do not seem to respond to the Rotate With Plan settings in v.20.1.1.1

I originally tested with the previous version and thought that they did.  Can you recall if was always this way?

There could potentially be a situation where you would not want them to rotate.