missing doors in elevations

Hammer7

10 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

Thank you, I did not realize that layer could be turned off in elevations.  Eureka!

That is generally the issue when something is missing in one view and not in another.  That item is turned off.  Sometimes it gets put on some layer that doesn’t make sense in your head.  Best way to find it is to change to all layers on select the item to find out which layer it is on and then go back to the previous saved plan view and turn that layer on.

This was a good thread for me and really helped my understand how and why the layer sets work.  I'm trying to take this a step further and trying to move my appliances deselected when I hide cabinets.  When I deselect cabinets they go away as planned but the appliances remain even though they are part of the cabinet bases....How do I move my appliances to another layer?  I found an old video but it does not work or things have evolved from x5?

12 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

This was a good thread for me and really helped my understand how and why the layer sets work.  I'm trying to take this a step further and trying to move my appliances deselected when I hide cabinets.  When I deselect cabinets they go away as planned but the appliances remain even though they are part of the cabinet bases....How do I move my appliances to another layer?  I found an old video but it does not work or things have evolved from x5?

Here is a general trick.  Select the item you want to “hide” and open it and look to see what layer it is on...  then...

Thank you rgardner, I figured out that my refrigerator is on my cabinet layer when I select it but when I uncheck the cabinets the cabinets are hidden but the refrigerator remains?  So ….now how do I connect it to that layer if it is disconnected?

14 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

Thank you rgardner, I figured out that my refrigerator is on my cabinet layer when I select it but when I uncheck the cabinets the cabinets are hidden but the refrigerator remains?  So ….now how do I connect it to that layer if it is disconnected?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/4/understanding-layers.html

This may help you understand what layers actually do.  Once you understand them it will click for you.