Custom door/drawer "reeded" look

sweetmelissa

Hello, this "reeded" look is quickly becoming a popular door/drawer style and I am wanting to be able to create a custom symbol to use in my drawings.  It will actually have about a 1/2" square bead around the perimeter of the door/drawer.  I tried to create it with molding lines and it looked pretty good, until you tried to resize it and then it appeared impossible to add stretch zones to make it work.  Anyone have any suggestions? Creative ways to get close to this look without making a door symbol? I can't come up with anything.  Thanks. 

IMG_6199.jpg

Easiest thing would be to use a texture (similar to a corrugated metal roofing/siding material from the looks of it).  Outside that, for improved 3D accuracy and realism, you would need to create a separate symbol for each unique door width.  This could be pretty easily accomplished by just creating a simple oversized architectural block out of a solid, polyline solid, and/or molding polyline that could be dropped into the plan, resized/modified, and then added back to library as a unique door symbol. 

I like the easy texture plan, I just haven't found anything suitable.  But, I'll look again.  It took me a while to make the custom door with polylines and moldings and given that there are multiple sizes of drawers/doors in the room, that might not be worth my time. 

57 minutes ago, sweetmelissa said:

It took me a while to make the custom door with polylines and moldings and given that there are multiple sizes of drawers/doors in the room, that might not be worth my time. 

Don't give up on using symbols too quickly.  It can be a lot more efficient than you might think...

Fluted Panel Block.calibz

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Don't give up on using symbols too quickly.  It can be a lot more efficient than you might think...

Fluted Panel Block.calibz

Oh holy goodness.  If you haven't been told you are amazing lately, I just did! Thank you! I will watch this and try it out, will definitely use your freebie and your services in the future! 

• Like 1