Multiple Layouts for the same Plan

Joe_Carrick

Now that we have the ability to open Multiple Layouts I'm wondering if this will allow different Sheet Sizes.  Basically, I would like to be able to put together a Detail / Specification Book and for that Layout I would use a Letter Sheet Size.

All the General Notes, Details, Specifications, Schedules, T-24 Calcs, etc would be placed in that Layout while the Drawings would be in a Arch-D size Layout.

Has anyone else tried this?

• Upvote 1

I haven't done that specifically, but I do often times have several layouts per project.  CD's, Cabinet Plans, Misc. Details, etc.  It works great.  X12 just made it a little bit easier.  Having said that, I pretty rarely work with more than one of those layouts open at any one time anyway.  Usually I'm working on one or the other.  Your use case would be one where having both open would be far more useful. 

This is going to be a huge change in the way I organize my ConDocs.  No more will I have to arrange Details on a large drawing sheet.

One thing that would really be nice would be if I could send all pages of a PDF to sequential pages of the Layout.  I will put a request in for this feature.