What Floor is it on

Go-Bears

This is an old question that has been posed before but with X6 I thought it would be different. When polyline solids, 3D molding lines and architectural blocks are drawn on floor 2 they show up in renderings and elevations on floor 2 but they are on floor 1 in plan view. In plan view I can copy them to floor 2 holding position and delete them from floor 1 and all is correct.

I must be missing something basic as this is a lot of extra work. I have polyline solids, molding lines and arch blocks on the first floor also and when selected the only way to tell which floor it is on is the Z position and the first floor plan is cluttered with extraneous items.

Thanks

I must be missing something basic as this is a lot of extra work.

I agree that this is a little annoying but I would suggest you make a bug report to Tech Support (improper function) or perhaps as a "Suggestion" for improvement.

I have observed that I can copy-paste-hold-position of any created poly-line solid object to any floor i wish and that this extra step required is not a lot of "extra work" but rather just work. Anything that reduces "clicks" is appreciated and it seems to me that they could rewrite the script so that the poly-line custom objects appear on the aparent floor on which they are created but I can also see that objects created in elevation-cross section cameras might be a little dicey for the software to "be aware" of what particular floor they are created upon under such conditions.

I am merely happy I can control the plan view position as I mentioned, I have, in the past also used line color and custom layer naming to "handle" such objects until I figured out that they can be copy-pasted to any floor without changing their "Z" axis location.

DJP

• 3 months later...

Is it true that the program is set up to use the absolute elevations on these problematic items?  Furniture seems fine, but polyline solids and pillows are my current issue.  I agree that if created in a plan view on an upper floor, that is where they should be.  What is the procedure for suggestions to the Chief Architect technical team? 

I had this same issue and submitted a support ticket for it recently. The suggestion I received from CA was to use the "P-solid" tool on the toolbar to create an object when in elevation view rather than creating a polyline and then converting it to a polyline solid.

I added the "P-solid" button to my toolbar set so I could access it quickly. You can find the button if you search under the customize toolbar area. Now when I creat p-solids, they appear on the correct floor.

Not sure about architectural blocks or moldings, but maybe there are buttons for those? Hope this helps.