Strange Artifact on Custom Countertop

Chrisb222

Away from my computer, but if you select the cabinet and then click Generate Custom Countertop, I don’t believe you’ll have the same issue to contend with.  I believe the problem is that the automated cutout is being created by a Hole In Custom Countertop (which is part of the 2D Block for the sink symbol).  When you draw out a Custom Countertop, you’re defining an edge that crosses that hole.  The result is an extra 2D face.  When you use the Generate Custom Countertop tool however, Chief recognizes the problem and doesn’t draw the extra edge.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Away from my computer, but if you select the cabinet and then click Generate Custom Countertop, I don’t believe you’ll have the same issue to contend with.  I believe the problem is that the automated cutout is being created by a Hole In Custom Countertop (which is part of the 2D Block for the sink symbol).  When you draw out a Custom Countertop, you’re defining an edge that crosses that hole.  The result is an extra 2D face.  When you use the Generate Custom Countertop tool however, Chief recognizes the problem and doesn’t draw the extra edge.  

Yep, that worked. I forgot about that tool, I made the island in question a long time ago. Thanks!!