Addition of Room Divider Keeps Moving Existing Wall

kwhitt

I need to separate two spaces to change ceiling heights.  When I use the room divider where it connects to an existing wall, it changes that existing wall's dimensions - see attached.  I have tried using two room dividers to create a perpendicular break to no avail.  Would someone please help me out with this?  The red line denotes where the room divider is to be placed.  Thanks, Kevin

01.jpg

02.jpg

CHF_David 1st Floor_AS-BUILT_02-25-20.plan

24 minutes ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.996f0ac287d9d080790d8584402cf325.png

Thanks Eric.  The break between rooms actually takes place where the I'm showing the vertical dashed line.  I can't see all the detail in your image, but I believe you are breaking it where I show the red line in the attached.  Can I use the break tool and return the perpendicular room divider back into this section?  Kevin

03.jpg

32 minutes ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.996f0ac287d9d080790d8584402cf325.png

Here is the closest I can get.  As you can see there's a small triangle of non-defined room which will mess up the transition when I raise my ceiling in the great room.  Any ideas?

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

9 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Have you tried doing a regular wall with an opening with no jambs casings or threshold? Sometimes on those stepped ceiling floor areas room dividers mess up the 3d

Ryan - that's a possibility, but if I do that with this configuration, the end of my protruding angled wall won't form a 90° return.  The addition of the new divider wall will form a 135° angle when the jambless doorway is added.

9 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

DJP

david.zip

Hey David.  Thank you very much for taking the time to make this video.  That is not exactly my situation.  The room divider does not line up exactly with the end of that protruding wall.  Scroll up a few posts and you'll see where I am trying to place it.  Is what I want to do possible?  Thanks again for the help, Kevin

4 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

I solved that in the video (not the splash screen), take a look please.

DJP

Thank you David.  I'm talking about where the room divider actually goes.  What you quoted above was my response to Ryan with his suggested method.  Here is the image again showing where I need the room divider.  It's the dashed line to the left (not the red CAD line).  The lower ceiling in the right room projects out a bit into the great room with higher ceilings.  Does this make sense?  Kevin

03.jpg

1 minute ago, solver said:

Can you use filled CAD to show the break between the rooms? To show the ceilings in both rooms?

ct1.thumb.png.54d8b6e86a67b0a14b00a43a6a986932.png

Eric - I don't understand what you mean, but the image you show on the left is what I'm looking for.  How did you do it?  Thanks, Kevin