Radial Dimension Tool

kwhitt

I can't find an answer to this.  Is there a tool in CA where I merely click on an arc and the radius will be returned (like in AutoCAD)?  I realize I can just use a leader line and fill in the blank, but would be nice to have it automate.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

I can't find an answer to this.  Is there a tool in CA where I merely click on an arc and the radius will be returned (like in AutoCAD)?  I realize I can just use a leader line and fill in the blank, but would be nice to have it automate.  Thanks!

I've been asking for labels and various attributes for CAD based objects so we could do stuff like that for quite some time now.  In the meantime, the best we have is Line Style>Show Length which DOES display the radius for arcs. It's just really limited what you can do with it is all. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You can also use a point to point dimension with leading text and it will snap the the arc center if that works better for what you are doing.

image.thumb.png.2a94c686ed8d846a231d3e206fce7a8e.png

Thanks Chop.  Unfortunately, the radius is too small (only 1/4") - no room for text.  I'm using a text leader and it's okay.

Don't forget that if you use a dimension line, you can always drag the dimension text to wherever you like and you can change the dimension text size.

Th beauty of using a dimension is that if the geometry changes, the dimension will change as well.

Not so with a leader. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, glennw said:

Don't forget that if you use a dimension line, you can always drag the dimension text to wherever you like and you can change the dimension text size.

Th beauty of using a dimension is that if the geometry changes, the dimension will change as well.

Not so with a leader. 

Thanks Glenn - just seeing this.  Kevin