Remodeling Drawings

dkmtek

Hi All, New topic! I am trying to create Remodeling drawings for a project to present for permit. I can't seem to do it all in one drawing? e.g. Existing walls, Demo Walls, and Proposed walls on the same plan because even with the layers turned off, they interfere with other layers? The Village wants separate sheets (Layout sheets) to reflect the existing, demo (to be removed) and Proposed. I have created different walls for different layers, but, when I work in other layers, they will interfere   with what I am drawing in other layers? The only thing I can think of is, work in different "Plans" and send to one "Layout"? Will that work? (Would rather work in one "Plan")

David

I-Mac on X8

1 hour ago, dkmtek said:

Hi All, New topic! I am trying to create Remodeling drawings for a project to present for permit. I can't seem to do it all in one drawing? e.g. Existing walls, Demo Walls, and Proposed walls on the same plan because even with the layers turned off, they interfere with other layers? The Village wants separate sheets (Layout sheets) to reflect the existing, demo (to be removed) and Proposed. I have created different walls for different layers, but, when I work in other layers, they will interfere   with what I am drawing in other layers? The only thing I can think of is, work in different "Plans" and send to one "Layout"? Will that work? (Would rather work in one "Plan")

David

I-Mac on X8

I always do an As-Built drawing and use it for my demo plan and when I start the revisions I save it as new plan. Then you can send each one to layout.

You need to create an "AS-Built" plan...and a separate plan for the "remodel".  

There are a lot of new features that can help...starting in X11.  You should watch the videos Chief put together...

Here is an overview video from Chief:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/2442/productivity-features-added-in-x11.html?playlist=156

1 hour ago, dkmtek said:

David

I-Mac on X8

Here is another set of videos Chief has on the subject;

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/120/remodeling.html