Glass Shower

Dave13

I know the answer to this question but damm if I can remember how to get a glass shower wall to be clear and not the wall color. Yes I used the railing tool and change the wall type to glass but it still comes out with the wall color instead of tempered glass. The old memory is just not working that well anymore.

Thanks for the help

I disagree with the previous answers,  the easiest way is to select the wall, open dvx,  MATERIALS<INTERIOR WALLS SURFACE,  and change the INTERIOR WALL SURFACE to your glass material.  Also change the EXTERIOR WALL SURFACE to glass....  all will be well.

This technique will override whatever color you have painted the room.

The other methods will work,  but this is the best and easiest solution.

I try to avoid the material painter but after changing wall colors a few times I get lazy and just use the painter, I used the wall specification dialog box and individually changed each wall color and I got my glass back. Now the question is how to tell whether to use the interior or exterior wall if your in a room with no exterior walls. Thanks for the help!

I try to avoid the material painter but after changing wall colors a few times I get lazy and just use the painter, I used the wall specification dialog box and individually changed each wall color and I got my glass back. Now the question is how to tell whether to use the interior or exterior wall if your in a room with no exterior walls. Thanks for the help!

The exterior side ( as Chief sees it)  will have the edit handle on it at the center of the wall when you select it , either interior or exterior walls.

M