Using Place Points for Layout Consistency

JBi-PDX

I'm using X12 for Mac.

I really like my plans to have consistency between different pages, especially of the same plan but different views (electrical plan, lighting plan, furniture plan, etc.). It's important to me that the layout boxes are in the same location on consecutive pages. I thought the best way to achieve this was to use the Place Point function. I've checked to make sure "snap to points/markers" is turned on. However, when I move a layout box, it does not snap to the place point. Am I missing something here on how to use this particular feature?

Thanks.

Jason

Jason, I like my layout pages to line up the same way you’re describing and there’s an easier way to accomplish what you want, especially if you already use saved plan views. Just copy the layout view and paste-hold-position on the next page. Then open the layout view and change to another saved plan view. You can now duplicate layout pages too.

I also use the copy/paste hold position method for plan views, HOWEVER, this isn't a good solution for other view types and details.  For those, I use lines (not temporary points).  These can be copied and pasted from page to page, but whenever reasonably possible, its best to just pace them on page zero so you can use the same line as a reference on all pages.  These lines can be left off the page and used for alignment and centering without the need to ever turn them off, or they can even be placed in the middle of the page and can be toggled on and off by placing them onto a unique layer. 

• Like 2