Modern Glass And Steel Garage Door--Any Symbols Out There?

zowie123

This guy does not get enough credit.  I bought this program about 9 years ago for 25.00,  best 25.00 I ever spent.

Here is the link I got this from.

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?15516-New-ChiefWare-Garage-Door-Wizard

New ChiefWare Garage Door Wizard
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have created a new Windows program that allows you to easily create garage doors for Chief Architect. For more information about it please click here: http://www.chiefware.com/LibGar1_.htm

To see a video of it in action and how it works with Chief Architect (this requires Flash to be installed and speakers for you to hear it) please click here: http://www.chiefware.com/GDWiz.html

Or for a tutorial on how to use it: http://www.chiefware.com/gdwizhowto.htm

I replaced the Garage Door 1 Library that I was selling with this as it makes creating the garage doors MUCH easier. If you are an existing customer, you are entitled to get this at a discount. I sent emails to all my existing customers, but about 1/4 of the messages got bounced back. So if you are an existing customer, please email me (Kerry@ChiefWare.com).

Note: This currently only works in inches. I've had a request for Metric that I hope to build into the program soon. The program is only of value if you have versions of Chief Architect that allow you to import AutoCAD DWG files. One advantage to this program over the library it replaces is that the garage doors now appear correctly in the materials list.

Thanks,
Kerry Francis
ChiefWare

DragDrop.gif
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Scott, that little program has worked Great. In Windows 8 the program tells you it wont work but it still does. It's the only thing for all those standard garage doors that Chief has never addressed ,ever. I think it covers every standard door available today. I just wish the program was updated for todays windows versions, but it still works with a little TLC. I should try the compatibility mode.

P.,  I just emailed Kerry, the guy that wrote the program,  I wonder if he will email me back.  He wrote the program back in 2001.  I wonder if I can put it on my MAC with parallels.  It is such a pain in the a** to have to got out of CA on the MAC to fire up the program on the PC that I don't use it as much as I should.

Bootcamp comes with the MAC but I have not installed it.....  I am afraid of the ramifications.  Has any MAC user put the free BOOTCAMP on their MAC?  If I can put BOOTCAMP on the mac,  I can then have X5 open on the MAC,  all the time to utilize GARAGE DOOR WIZARD,  but still have X6 open on the MAC,  and then when X7 is available,  I can have X6 open in bootcamp and use X7 on the MAC side.

But I may have to buy GARAGE DOOR WIZARD a second time to put it on the MAC. 

Scott:

assuming it is the same Bootcamp

that is the only emulator that CA would support before they wrote X6 for Mac

however, to use it you have to re-boot the Mac into Bootcamp

then when done re-boot into Mac mode

so probably easier to use your PC

Lew

......however, to use it you have to re-boot the Mac into Bootcamp

then when done re-boot into Mac mode

so probably easier to use your PC......

Thanks Lew,  you are correct,  since that is the case,  I suppose I would prefer to use PARALLELS which does not require a reboot,  and I would use PARALLELS with GARAGE DOOR WIZARD if that was possible.  

Just downloaded Kerry's program and it will be a great addition to Chief in that one small area.  However, to those of us who tuned in later than Version 10 and had no idea what a ".ALB" file is.  Kerry informed me by e-mail that you can upack the .ALB files that come with the full download using the Library>Convert Legacy .ALB files command.  Some good additions to your user library.

Doug

Hey, Thanks you guys, that was super helpful.  I'll check out the program.  Looks great.  And thank you Joe for including a door.  Cheers! 

I see I can edit stock garage doors to look like glass panels if I pick louvered garage door, I don't see how to edit the interior panels to look like glass if I don't use this louvered option.   Anyway all good for now. Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Looks like that little program is no longer available.  And we are still stuck with no good detailed option for glass garage doors. It would be so easy for CA to add a few more child buttons to the garage door tool to make it more customizable.  Instead I end up using a glass French door and stretching it across the 16' width.  Not a great option.

Looks like that little program is no longer available.  And we are still stuck with no good detailed option for glass garage doors. It would be so easy for CA to add a few more child buttons to the garage door tool to make it more customizable.  Instead I end up using a glass French door and stretching it across the 16' width.  Not a great option.

I am surprised the GARAGE DOOR WIZARD is no longer available.  It was a wonderful little program.   I too wish CA would buy it  or create their own sub program so we can customize garage doors.  The garage door wizard which I have,  only works on PC,  since I am now on a MAC,  it is not very accessible to me.  Unfortunately,  some of the garage doors from MANUF CATALOGS do not cover all of the options I need.

Please  CA,   work on your own GARAGE DOOR WIZARD,  it is a very handy  program.