Pt to Pt Resize Problem

Christina_Girerd

Did the Point to Point Resize tool change in the update?  I was trying to use it tonight and don't remember having it only let you resize in exactly horizontal or vertical.  I'm trying to adjust one side of a parcel map image.  I first tried to resize the image as I brought it into Chief - the blue rectangle in the image, and found out I couldn't use the pt to pt tool between the two property corners because it wasn't horizontal or vertical.  So then I rotated the image - the yellow rectangle - and tried to use the pt to pt tool again.  This time I could snap between the two corners, but the dimensions would not come out accurately.  I was trying to set the distance between the circled corners of the yellow rectangle to 80' so I entered that in the pt to pt resize dbx, but the result measures out to about 88' 5".  I tried this multiple times and do not get accurate results.  My guess is that it is some issue with the image being rotated.  Anything I am missing? 

2020 02 27 Pt to Pt Resize.JPG

I do believe this has changed. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've used this tool on any angle in the past. The new function already got me planning a house wrong! For a quick lot size, I'll screen grab the lot from a pdf, then use that tool to size the lot close enough for planning. I used it on the angle and noticed pretty quick my lot was too big.

I'd like to know from Chief if this has changed. Holding control while using it doesn't change anything.

26 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It has always worked on vertical and horizontal only.  It continues to work the same.

Oh Crap. Pretty sure I've planned several homes using that method so they're either too big or too small! :lol:

Actually, for angled lines on images I usually use a cad line's length as my reference and rescale from that.

I went back to using a CAD line to scale for this one too.  I checked X11 and yep, it only showed it working horizontal or vertical, but I really thought I had used it on angles at some time.  I wonder why they don't let it be used on other angles?  As that would sure be useful in cases like this angled parcel map.  I will submit a request that.  And a bug report for the scale differences issue.

13 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It has always worked on vertical and horizontal only.  It continues to work the same.

There is one case I know of when this is not correct.

That is when you have an image that you want to resize (rotated or ortho) using the images perimeter (as opposed to click any points within the image).

You can resize the image by clicking the Point To Point Resize in one corner of the image.

You can then drag the cursor along the image edge to the other corner - the cursor will stick to the image edge, no matter what the angle.

Click the second corner and the dbx will open.

Although this works, there are probably easier ways to resize the image like using it's dbx.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glennw said:

There is one case I know of when this is not correct.

That is when you have an image that you want to resize (rotated or ortho) using the images perimeter (as opposed to click any points within the image).

You can resize the image by clicking the Point To Point Resize in one corner of the image.

You can then drag the cursor along the image edge to the other corner - the cursor will stick to the image edge, no matter what the angle.

Click the second corner and the dbx will open.

Although this works, there are probably easier ways to resize the image like using it's dbx.

I probably should have clarified, but I forgot.  There’s an important distinction.  Its always horizontal and vertical relative to the image.

• 2 weeks later...

The Point to Point resize tool does not work like it did in X11. I had a known dimension both horizontally and vertically. I would resize in the horizontal direction and it would resize to the dimension I wanted. Then I resized vertically and it did change the vertical direction but changed the horizontal direction as well. I need to stretch the document. It is working like the Transform/replicate object resize function. Before the Point to Point would stretch my document only in one direction at a time.

4 minutes ago, MORTY1954 said:

The Point to Point resize tool does not work like it did in X11. I had a known dimension both horizontally and vertically. I would resize in the horizontal direction and it would resize to the dimension I wanted. Then I resized vertically and it did change the vertical direction but changed the horizontal direction as well. I need to stretch the document. It is working like the Transform/replicate object resize function. Before the Point to Point would stretch my document only in one direction at a time.

You need to uncheck this new setting...

AR.png.e24d00f31f2994e9decbef16ef8660fe.png

• Upvote 1