Reference As-Built File Bloat

robdyck

I'm working on a renovation project and using a reference display to the as-built caused a file size increase of about 370 MB. The only reference to the as built was in my reno plan's saved plan view of my working layer set. Once the as-built reference was removed, the file speed behaves as expected. The simple plan had slowed down to a crawl. Has anyone else experienced something as extreme as this?

As-built plan = 6,704 kb

reno plan with reference = 391,000 kb

reno plan WITHOUT reference = 28,622 kb

Odd, I recently used reference plan to speed up a project. Lot of furniture symbols was slogging it down so transferred those I could. Furniture plan was 27.5 mb, plan with everything in it 40.4MB, but the stripped down plan including reference was 15.8 MB. Wonder what the difference is? 

I might try using edit area on the reference plan, copy and paste into a new plan to see what happens-just a thought.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, robdyck said:

Furniture is a tough one. I like to show it on early versions to help with space planning but it does slow things down. I'm going to try the reference file approach for furniture as well.

Good idea on the reference for furniture... i have noticed a substantial slow down recently..i thought maybe i need to reboot and shut down more often..but furniture can really make drawing file large.