Polyline solid in cross section

TopagnaOverlook

Thanks Eric.  I've moved both solids entirely away from the structure.  Even though overlapped, the "Hole in Polyline Solid" checkbox for the small triangle is disabled.  What should I be looking for to determine the levels or surface/depth of the two solids?  Can this be done from within the elevation view?

Seriously, who keeps doing this??!

CEEE7153-C618-4BB2-A49B-ED4E6A348428.thumb.jpeg.2ea7587361c705edd8cd357248541df4.jpeg

You’re being rude and totally unhelpful.  Example...In X12, even if you draw polyline solids in the same view but edit in another view, they get automatically converted to a solid and lose the ability to use polyline boolean operations like you would normally expect.  You end up having to use SOLID boolean operations which means the object have to actually be touching and will be affected in 3D instead of only the usual 2D extrusion shape.  Also, if someone was to try and help, and then repost the modified plan in X12, it would be a useless waste of everyone’s time if the OP was using X10.

Please consider taking the attitude down a couple notches and recognize that Eric and others continue to request current version information for very legitimate and helpful reasons.  

I started over and got it to work.  I cannot explain how I originally put the two solids on different levels from the elevation view, but when I did it again, they both ended up on the first floor.  I'm pretty sure that what caused the "make hole" box to be disabled is that the inner solid was slightly overlapping the edge of the surrounding solid.  When I re-positioned the inner solid entirely within, the checkbox became enabled.

2 hours ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

I cannot explain how I originally put the two solids on different levels from the elevation view

Just a heads up.

It is easy to unintentionally place objects on other floors than what was intended when working in elevation.

When in an elevation/cross section view, the change floor tool works by changing the floor "focus", even though you can't see any change to the cross section view - it doesn't move up or down.

ie, say you have a 2 storey house and have an elevation view and the current floor  indicator says 1.

You can draw an object on what looks like the second floor in elevation, but it will actually reside on floor 1 - the currently active floor. 

• Upvote 1