X12 update - loss of relinking referenced plan files

CARMELHILL

I installed tonights update and have lost the ability to use the relink button on the top tool bar to relink referenced plan files. Anyone else?

I've checked two projects, done a "Repair Install", and a reboot. Still no good.

You can only relink individual layout views with the "relink file" button on the bottom toolbar, but global relink tool doesn't work.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled with the file in our Digital Locker and it still doesn't work.

Inkedrelink lost_LI.jpg

I just tried the latest update with a layout and two linked plans and it seemed fine. 

What were the steps you followed to get this error?  How many plans are referenced and do those plan files open correctly without the layout open?  

Also, if you show details in the error box does it give any more info as to the root issue?

I tried it on an extra computer at my office and it does not work.

The file missing is a detail warehouse file residing in a separate folder. It doesn't work in a few other ways too. It doesn't correctly relink files within the same project folder either. You can't change the referenced file to a previous older file. You can only do it by selecting individual layout boxes and linking them individually.

I'll see if anyone else today has this problem. Until then, no updates to the rest of my staff.

See errors attached.

ERROR MESSAGE.JPG

REFERENCE PLAN LINK.JPG

MISSING DETAIL FILE.JPG

31 minutes ago, CARMELHILL said:

The file missing is a detail warehouse file residing in a separate folder

I tested a layout with multiple files linked and can reproduce the problem when any plan file is not in the same folder as the layout.

15 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I tested a layout with multiple files linked and can reproduce the problem when any plan file is not in the same folder as the layout.

It was also acting peculiar when trying to link to a different file within the the same project folder. I save old versions of previous designs in the same folder and it couldn't relink to any of those older designs. The only way to do it was picking individual layout boxes and manually relinking. What a bummer. I hope they haven't permanently removed the external file linking ability because that will kill the detail warehouse option.

52 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

My initial test was a layout referencing two plans, one in the same folder another elsewhere and it worked.  However I've just created a couple of new plans and sent them to a new layout all in separate folders and could replicate the issue.

There is something odd though as on closing all views and re-opening the layout it was fine, but then:

• I re-linked one layout view using the right click menu to its plan. I selected the existing linked plan from the 'Choose Referenced Plan' dialog and on closing that dialog the applicable layout view becomes blank
  • At this stage the applicable linked plan is again considered not found in the referenced plan files dialog but no other error.
  • However following the same first step to re-link and its back. Rinse and repeat.

Anyone else see this?

In case its relevant my folder layout for this is:

image.thumb.png.f5a4545a30a7d20e90945144ea9667dd.png

23 minutes ago, Smn842 said:

My initial test was a layout referencing two plans,

I used a layout linked to 5 plans. Moved on to another drive-could not link. Put it back and was fine. Moved to adjacent folder-could not link, put it back and fine. Along the way I tried closing and re-opening, same NG.

12 hours ago, CARMELHILL said:

I installed tonights update and have lost the ability to use the relink button on the top tool bar to relink referenced plan files. Anyone else?

You can only relink individual layout views with the "relink file" button on the bottom toolbar, but global relink tool doesn't work.

I also am having the same issue. I have a plan template I use with all my general notes in a cad detail window that is linked to my layout template. (circled in red in layout pic) When I start a new drawing and I make changes to those general notes, I send the floor plan to my layout template. (shows two linked files - see layout pic) In the past, all I needed to do was to relink the new saved plan over the template plan (See pic 2 - second Sample plan link has forward slashes instead of back slashes). The general notes would update to my changes made in my new plan. But now it won't recongnize the relinking; it keeps both linked plan files (template and sample)

Layout Referenced File.jpg

Relink Layout Referenced File.jpg