Looking for Chief X8 license (2)

Jarr3tt88

Hello all,

I have recently been building my company slowly but surely. I currently have 2 licenses of chief architect X8, and I am searching for 2 more licenses. It is unfortunate that to get these additional licenses, it would cost me a FORTUNE as I need to upgrade 2 licenses from X8 to X11, and then purchase 2 more additional licenses.$8,400 (which is completely unreasonable) I am perfectly content with X8 version, and I wish chief architect would let me purchase the older X8 version. But alas, I cannot.   

Anyone out there that can help?

Thank you in advance.

Advanced issues found

3 hours ago, Jarr3tt88 said:

I need to upgrade 2 licenses from X8 to X11, and then purchase 2 more additional licenses.$8,400 (which is completely unreasonable)

Why is that unreasonable?   I your company has enough work to demand 4 licenses, $8400 is not much at all.   Considering just about everyone here has paid for and kept current licenses for years, I dont think you are going to find a lot of sympathies.

My advice is this.   If 8400 is too much, you are not running your business right.  Find another avenue to pursue. 

Those that want to upgrade every year that is their choice. I do not feel there are enough changes to the program to upgrade every year (same goes for AutoCAD). 3 Years since I last upgraded chief, and I don't see any worth while updates to the program to justify $8,400 in upgrade costs. My business does just fine, thank you for being concerned with my workload and finances. I can afford it, I choose not to pay exorbitant amounts of money when my program runs perfectly fine for my work flow on 2 licenses version X8. All I need is two more. I don't need smart ass commentslike this for no reason, I did nothing to you and it's very rude.

There is zero reason to upgrade at this time to X11 or X12. When there is a good reason to update to the program, I am more than happy to pay it. In the meantime, I cannot justify that cost. Maybe if I cannot get two more X8 licenses, I will wait til the December/January sale if I must when the prices are more reasonable for 4 upgrades/additional licenses.

I appreciate the unnecessary response.   

If chief worked like AutoCAD and there are "file types" like AutoCAD 2013 & AutoCAD 2018 work with X7 & X8 that would be good. But you have to upgrade all the licenses because once saved on X8 it won't work on X7.