Modifying Construction note Blocks

dkmtek

I've watched a few different videos but, they don't seem to address what I'm looking for? I can edit, and add back to the library CAD blocks, except for those in the "Notes & Legends" drop down tree? It acts differently than the other CAD blocks, for example, I can explode both, but, when I explode the Construction notes, it still acts like a CAD block, except the "Save to Library" Icon disappears along with the "make Block" icon? Also, when exploded, on the construction notes, you have to double click on them to open another screen to change the wording, vs changing it on the drawing like the construction detail blocks? 

I'm working in the Floor Plan before adding it to the Layout.

I'm on a mac using x8. 

6 hours ago, dkmtek said:

I've watched a few different videos but, they don't seem to address what I'm looking for? I can edit, and add back to the library CAD blocks, except for those in the "Notes & Legends" drop down tree? It acts differently than the other CAD blocks, for example, I can explode both, but, when I explode the Construction notes, it still acts like a CAD block, except the "Save to Library" Icon disappears along with the "make Block" icon? Also, when exploded, on the construction notes, you have to double click on them to open another screen to change the wording, vs changing it on the drawing like the construction detail blocks? 

I'm working in the Floor Plan before adding it to the Layout.

I'm on a mac using x8. 

Put a an invisible box around the text (change line style to the blank line or change the color to background). Reselect both the hidden box and the text box and block them together and add to your library.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:36 PM, Chopsaw said:

Marquee Selection will save you both a lot of  time.  Just click and drag a box around the text.

Something else you may find handy is the Edit Rich Text In Place tool.

I believe the OP was trying to figure out how to add it to his library.  Unless I misunderstand his question.?.?  Has definitely happened before.

Thanks all. All great responses. A few points and comments/questions. rgardner, yes, I'm trying to add it to, or back to, the library. What is the "Marquee" Selection? 

What I was trying to do was, Use an existing "Note" (e.g. Construction note, Framing note, etc..) that is currently in the X8 Library, modify it, and then resave it as a "Block" with a different name? I have also noticed that these blocks, act differently? You can "Explode" them in the "Layout". When you double click on them, instead of going to the drawing in the "Plan View", it open a description box. Once you explode them, you can double click them in "Layout View" and modify the content, but, can not re-Block them and add them to the library? 

7 minutes ago, dkmtek said:

Thanks all. All great responses. A few points and comments/questions. rgardner, yes, I'm trying to add it to, or back to, the library. What is the "Marquee" Selection? 

Click and hold and drag a "Marquee Selection Box" around the text box and you should see the option to cad bloc in the active tool bar.