X12 shutting down by itself

mbdesigns

Hello, I am using x12 and have recently had it shut down on 2-3 different occasions. I cant say that one thing in particular caused it. I was wondering if others have had any issues lately.

After it shuts down I am able to restart the program immediately but I am frustrated that it is happening, have we heard of any patches from CA to address this?

Thanks'

Mark 

I've not had any crashes with X12 Beta, but for reasons I can't fully explain it does at times give me the sense that somethings not quite right. For example, when PBR'ing there are numerous times when the PBR does not correctly regenerate after a change, it's as if the lights, sun or emissive materials are not being properly recognized. To resolve this I have to press F12 Rebuild several times or close out the camera and then reopen it. Also, as mentioned in a previous post some DBX entry boxes do not accept direct entries unless something else in the DBX is clicked or the Tab key is pressed before pressing OK. As I use these items all the time I'm certain something has changed versus I just didn't notice it before in X11.

• Upvote 1

Technically, X12 is still in the beta test phase so problems such as this should not be a big surprise.  Even though we are still in beta, we have had very few reports of crashes, lockups, or any other assertions/SEH type errors.  In my opinion, this has been the most stable beta version we have ever released.  

If you are having any problems like this, I would really encourage you to work with our technical support department to try and resolve these issues.  If it turns out that this is the result of a program bug (rather than a video card or system related issue), then we will do our best to get a fix into the program in the next available update.