reference floor layer set x12

DianeP

There are a number of ways to change the reference display layer set (and any of the other reference display settings):

- Open up the Change Floor/Reference dialog.  You can click on the floor number button or open it from the main menu under Tools>Floor/Reference Display.

- Open up the Plan View Specification dialog by clicking on the Edit Active View button or open it from the main menu under Tools>Active View.

- If you are using Saved Plan Views, you can also right-click on the saved plan view in the Project Browser and modify the reference display through the Saved Plan View Specification dialog.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2020 at 12:29 PM, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.9f1a01dd764618d348fa4cdd88bf6b86.png

Hi Solver and maybe DianeP,

I have a very similar question.  I switched to X-12 today, 5/7/20.  I have tried several ways (inc. all listed above) to change everything displayed in my reference display layer set from black to red.  It won't change.    

Thanks, Joe
Until I figure out how to put in my signature:  X-12, MacPowerBook 

On 2/24/2020 at 10:19 AM, Dermot said:

- If you are using Saved Plan Views, you can also right-click on the saved plan view in the Project Browser and modify the reference display through the Saved Plan View Specification dialog.

This is the way I would change it. If you are not up on "saved plan views" check out the help file - they are key to my workflow and make changing the reference set (or using multiple reference sets) as well as modifying the line colors, style, etc. for each very easy to do.

On 2/24/2020 at 8:19 AM, Dermot said:

There are a number of ways to change the reference display layer set (and any of the other reference display settings):

- Open up the Change Floor/Reference dialog.  You can click on the floor number button or open it from the main menu under Tools>Floor/Reference Display.

- Open up the Plan View Specification dialog by clicking on the Edit Active View button or open it from the main menu under Tools>Active View.

If you ask me,  this is the bonus method...

I set up a hot key for it...  works great!

it's 3 tools in one

LOVE IT!

858720345_ScreenShot2020-05-08at6_40_40AM.thumb.png.515e6c0bb76d52b3f52bca08cccfe8c3.png

1378289318_ScreenShot2020-05-08at6_40_35AM.thumb.png.d2a09e6feb68423aaf3e7dbe7f5962c7.png

521220789_ScreenShot2020-05-08at6_38_33AM.thumb.png.d36806b4d0314e06aeeb7233fec25648.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, solver said:

Please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

I am not sure who you are talking to.  If you are addressing somebody inparticular,  please address them by name.   There are now 23 folks trying to figure out if you are talking to them,  me included.

• Upvote 1

Joe,

It looks like your reference display layer set is set up to have all layers displayed red.  My only guess is that your view is not actually using your reference display layer set.  If you post your plan, someone will be able to give you a much better answer.

• Upvote 1