Front Elevation

Thad58

Almost all my plans have to be rotated when  going to lay our because they are to long. Can the program be changes so the the plan is drawn with the front of the house being on the right or left of the screen for that when it goes to layout is does not have to be rotated and the titles are Front Left back and Right are in proper location? I tried to draw a plan with the front on the right side but it title as right side. I started with X3 and was told always to have the front of the house at the bottom of the page. 

Hope that makes since  

39 minutes ago, Thad58 said:

I tried to draw a plan with the front on the right side but it title as right side.

That's what I'd do in your situation .....

In your Template Plan ( so you don't need to do it in every New Plan ) place the 4 Auto Elevation Cameras ( no house needed) and then rename them, eg Right as Front , Left as Back etc ,and then it will always be that way .

image.thumb.png.f4685c6de8548dc965f27967ad0e4d3a.png

Not that this has anything to do with what your talking about but I tried to submit plans with the elevations labeled front, back, left and right and the plan checker maid me mark them as north, south, east and west.
Not sure why I decided to do it that way after years of labeling the direction but that's what happened the first time I tried to change it.

4 hours ago, Thad58 said:

LOL Ok I have been at this 10 years from X3 to now X12. If you click the front elevation tab it automatically goes to the bottom of the page. You cant rotate it to the left of right side. 

Yes Chief always sees the Bottom of the page as the Front if you use the Auto Elevation Tool , but you can easily open the Camera's DBX and change it to anything you like.....

Ff you do this in your Template Plan and save it,  it should already be setup every time you start a new Project.

1. Use the Auto elevation Camera Tool to place the Cameras on All elevations  ( 3D>Create Auto Elevations>All Elevations 
  2. In the Project Browser RENAME all camera as needed ie change Right to Front , Left to Back , Front to Left , Back to Right
  3. Then double click each camera to open it , this will cause the Views and thus names to be updated
  4. Confirm names are correct back in Plan View
  5. If it is only about the Layout , you could simply not use the Camera View Label  ( turn off the Layout Box Label in DBX ) and use a Marker instead. See pics.

Mick.

image.thumb.png.8de1cccf061a72d08e0f1ec33997d38d.pngimage.thumb.png.8842e76a36ae57bd530a0be9bd32e564.pngimage.thumb.png.fae6a28a270ac13428c0adc233dc5893.png