Site Plan Dimensions

builtright3

I typically just put in text for the dimension numbers around the perimeter of the house because I think it's a cleaner look without the dimension lines but it takes a little extra time to do it like that.
Is there a way to do dimensions and then not show the dimension lines? I never really thought to ask the question because Im sure the answer is no but what the heck, im asking anyway.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d5a9bedc66277bc641ad4b777fd7b386.PNG 

16 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I typically just put in text for the dimension numbers around the perimeter of the house because I think it's a cleaner look without the dimension lines but it takes a little extra time to do it like that.
Is there a way to do dimensions and then not show the dimension lines? I never really thought to ask the question because Im sure the answer is no but what the heck, im asking anyway.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d5a9bedc66277bc641ad4b777fd7b386.PNG 

Select your terrain poly line and click show length and angle.  All sides will show up.  The downside is all have to be in the same location so for example above the line preference is set on the upper line the dimension shows above the polyline on the outside of it,  the lower shows inside the polyline and the same on the sides one outside one inside.  Most of the times not an issue but I had one recently I had to manually place text that showed the line.

I have not done this personally but another option is to do a leader text line with the macros for show length and show angle if you needed to place it remotely.  Then you can “hide” the arrow and line if you want by changing line style and arrow color.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Select your terrain poly line and click show length and angle.  All sides will show up.  The downside is all have to be in the same location so for example above the line preference is set on the upper line the dimension shows above the polyline on the outside of it,  the lower shows inside the polyline and the same on the sides one outside one inside.  Most of the times not an issue but I had one recently I had to manually place text that showed the line.

I have not done this personally but another option is to do a leader text line with the macros for show length and show angle if you needed to place it remotely.  Then you can “hide” the arrow and line if you want by changing line style and arrow color.

Thank You!

7 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Its interesting that we can turn off the dimension number but cant turn off the dimension lines and not the number.

So are we talking about X11 or X12 because your screen shot shows the label set to "Specify"

Maybe post your plan file or a test plan showing the same behaviour.

16 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Its interesting that we can turn off the dimension number but cant turn off the dimension lines and not the number.

Not at my computer.  Can you change your line style to the blank line and your arrow to background color?

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Wall Labels with or without a macro would work fine for that.

Chopsaw's idea works pretty well actually and is automatic if setup in the Plan Defaults  ( setup in New Plan Template too ) , the dimension is there from the moment you draw the wall.

As you can see it even works for interior Walls.....

image.thumb.png.53a33c78b90bbbbdc5fc4ffd5bb6be33.pngimage.thumb.png.796c3c0b6dd205b4f7c18dad90893c8b.png  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, builtright3 said:
4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Are your wall labels turned on ?

Yes, but the custom macro I put in doesn't show up.

It is possible that you did a really good job of placing your manual text and the wall labels are directly underneath.

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, Kbird1 said:

Chopsaw's idea works pretty well actually and is automatic if setup in the Plan Defaults  ( setup in New Plan Template too ) , the dimension is there from the moment you draw the wall.

As you can see it even works for interior Walls.....

image.thumb.png.53a33c78b90bbbbdc5fc4ffd5bb6be33.pngimage.thumb.png.796c3c0b6dd205b4f7c18dad90893c8b.png  

Thank you very much! This is very helpful.