Finished overhang at ridge issues

Larry_Sweeney

I'm using a 3x14 glulam for a ridge beam with 2X12 rafters. My rafter size on the finished overhangs are 2X8's. On earlier versions of this model the ridge would cut down when it extended out into the finished soffit area as shown in the first attachment. I've made a few minor changes to the roof and room framing below the roof and now the ridge beam is not cutting out into the finished soffit area (second attachment). Is there a setting somewhere that controls this that I might have accidentally changed? I was thinking CA automatically does this.--------------It's been one of those days----------------I can't for the life of me figure out why all of a sudden the ridge beam is not cutting as in earlier versions of the plan. I'm not attaching the plan at this time hoping that it's just something I'm missing. As always all help is much appreciated. Thank you.

RIDGE 1.jpg

RIDGE 2.jpg

Rob...………………………...Followed up on your suggestion.  :( That wasn't the answer. I played around with rebuilding the roof plane framing some more and I finally got an interesting result. In rebuilding the roof plane framing I would highlight both sides of the roof at the same time. When I did this I would get the same result of the ridge beam not cutting. I tried deleting the ridge beam first before rebuilding the two planes and that didn't work. I then deleted the ridge beam and by accident only rebuilt the framing on one roof plane and the ridge beam built correctly with the sized beam cutoff out in the soffit area-----------------go figure!  I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's the way CA is suppose to work. Another lesson well learned. I just hope I don't forget it. :)  Thanks for your input-----------much appreciated. Have a great day.