Mortar colors

DH7777

Unfortunately not, the brick and mortar are not independent of each other, a texture is just a pic and within CA the only option is to use the blend color with texture but this will affect everything, the brick will also change. The only way would be to load the texture into Photoshop and manipulate it there and then save it back to your textures for use in CA.

18 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Make your own brick texture...Check out the link below.

https://brick.com/masonry-designer

Unfortunately the brick designer tool from Acme only works on PC's running "Windows".  I'm on a MAC...such tech discrimination...;)

The good news is that if you are member of Dan Baumann's Chief Experts Academy you can download all the brick textures.  Unfortunately...there isn't any "course brick" as Chief calls them...just brick textures for standard running bond. 

14 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Pretty slick, thanks for sharing that Rob

You're welcome. If I've got a mostly brick home that I need to show the client in 3D, I'll make several different brick textures for everything, sills, soldiers, sailors, running bond, 1/3 offsets etc.

Another tip: Lets say you want to add a trim row in a herringbone pattern. You can make several different images of individual bricks, import the images into a cad detail in chief, place a few of the bricks manually and use a screen capture to create the a herringbone texture of the same brick. Obviously it's not the most high quality image but it will be clear enough for the purpose.

I feel it makes it easier to be creative with the design when you can properly visualize it and present it.

• 3 years later...